Rookie De Or Pass Rush Olb Will Make A Bigger Impact Than A Lt.

lju713

No it won't

We had a rookie LT in Ryan's Rookie year and have had to Shuffle Baker in and out and Ryan has still lived. If oline is not the biggest need after what has happened this year I don't think alot of you were watching. We need 3-4 replacements on oline.

On Dline we need larger stronger DT's to push the pocket ALOT more than a pass rushing DE or LB.

Matt will be on IR if we go LT at the 6th pick. Furthermore Matthews is a RT and no better than Baker at this point.

I would have to agree somewhat. I just don't see them going OL with the 6th pick unless Baker retires.

Edited by atlbaby

Matthews played RT and LT. The fact that he played RT at such a high level is actually beneficial since that is where he would start from day 1 unless Baker went down.

I'm not saying lets draft Matthews, but lets not act that he wouldn't make an impact. He would play more snaps than probably any other position we would draft.

Matthews played RT and LT. The fact that he played RT at such a high level is actually beneficial since that is where he would start from day 1 unless Baker went down.

I'm not saying lets draft Matthews, but lets not act that he wouldn't make an impact. He would play more snaps than probably any other position we would draft.

Yeah I'm ok with Matthews at #6 we need a bonified starter on the oline with our first pick.

Go FA and draft with the OL it is too much for a Rookie OL to learn for a team trying to get to the SB. There are some beast out there to draft for the DL (Hageman, Nix, Tuitt, Clowney etc.) and it is easier to excel.

Yes considering we need 3-4 new starters on the oline we will need to use the draft and FA to fill those holes.

Edited by MAD597

How can oline not be the biggest priority this offseason?

Agreed.

Matt Ryan getting sacked 44 times and 9 in one game pretty much tells me its an issue.

When your team is taking a cap hit north of 15 mill per for probably the next 5 years you better be into protecting your investment.

The D-line is also an issue but if anyone thinks Tice is going to coach up these dudes and fix there problems with out significant change is just straight up had to much jungle juice to drink.

Edited by kiwifalcon

No it won't

We had a rookie LT in Ryan's Rookie year and have had to Shuffle Baker in and out and Ryan has still lived. If oline is not the biggest need after what has happened this year I don't think alot of you were watching. We need 3-4 replacements on oline.

On Dline we need larger stronger DT's to push the pocket ALOT more than a pass rushing DE or LB.

Baker didn't play much his rookie year. It was mostly Todd Weiner running on fumes playing at LT that season.

Now if we sign a total of 4 lineman(2 dl and 2 ol) and Greg Robinson is there im cool because he is better than Matthews im all for it. Otherwise it is proven historically that the DL and OL are the biggest bust positions. Atleast we can scheme for Clowney/Mack/Barr/Ealy

Edited by lju713

How can oline not be the biggest priority this offseason?

Who said it wasn't?

Makes more sense to go after FA help for the o-line than to draft another green lineman that can't help you right away.

This is finally a chance to get a DE with some real talent.

Who said it wasn't?

Makes more sense to go after FA help for the o-line than to draft another green lineman that can't help you right away.

This is finally a chance to get a DE with some real talent.

I'm thinking the same thing. Get some veteran, instant impact starters for the O-line and see if the younger players we already have respond to better coaching (or really any coaching considering Hill's tenure) and then use the draft to focus on loading up on young D-line talent. I doubt we'll get Clowney, and considering how he's acting off the field I'm not going to lose sleep over that, but I would love to pick up Stephon Tuitt. He'd be a perfect fit for our emerging LEO 4-3.

Now if we sign a total of 4 lineman(2 dl and 2 ol) and Greg Robinson is there im cool because he is better than Matthews im all for it. Otherwise it is proven historically that the DL and OL are the biggest bust positions. Atleast we can scheme for Clowney/Mack/Barr/Ealy

Robinson is more physical than Matthews but he is also raw Matthews technique is flawless is drop step thats sets up his stance in protection is flawless and is less prone to making mistakes he also has good f/Ball intelligence and is more versatile so at this point in time Matthews is the better prospect.

Robinson is more physical than Matthews but he is also raw Matthews technique is flawless is drop step thats sets up his stance in protection is flawless and is less prone to making mistakes he also has good f/Ball intelligence and is more versatile so at this point in time Matthews is the better prospect.

I think people said the same thing about Joeckel last year and even this year he talked about how he was never a mental mistake kind of player, but that there was so much going on in NFL snaps and how he needed to relax and play football. Nothing is guaranteed.

No. What good is a pass rushing DE if your QB is injured and your RBs have no holes to run through?

Fixing the OL allows our greatest strengths and investments to shine(Ryan, Roddy, Julio, SJAX).

While it would be ideal to fix the OL through free agency, there aren't a lot of good OL available in free agency. The ones who are out there will be over priced. Meanwhile, there are a handful of DT free agents that are talented, young, and won't break the bank(Joseph, Solai, Peters).

Biermann, Mass, Osi, and our LBs are at least respectable. Our OL is not.