Happy Birthday Gritz!

Knight of God

Thanks for the kind birthday wishes everyone. I may not agree with a lot of opinions on here (it'd be a boring place if we all thought the same things...about the Falcons or anything else for that matter) but it's never personal with me any longer.

I have a grandson now.....my elderly parents aren't doing well....my pop has advanced Alzheimer's and doesn't know who I am any longer...I had a major health scare earlier in the fall that turned out fine...

I guess I'm saying I have a good bit more perspective than I did when I first joined these boards.

Am I still passionate about the Falcons? Yeah, but I would trade ever watching another Falcon game again if pop could just say my name again or if it was guaranteed that my grandson Jasper would have a healthy, happy & meaningful life.

It's sports...it's entertainment and it has been a great deal of fun and diversion for me for many years. I hope it will continue to be that for many years....but in the grand scheme of life that's all it is.

Thanks again for this thread (especially you my brother KOG) and Go FALCONS!

Happy Birthday Brother Gritz. My favorite AWOL poster. ( even nominated you in the end of year awards)

Sorry Gritz, but PokerSteve got the favorite old fart award. Good seeing you post. Have an awesome birthday and even better rest of the year.

Thanks SG....and that's an award Steve richly deserves and earned...Hope the same good wishes for you and yours.

Thanks for the kind birthday wishes everyone. I may not agree with a lot of opinions on here (it'd be a boring place if we all thought the same things...about the Falcons or anything else for that matter) but it's never personal with me any longer.

I have a grandson now.....my elderly parents aren't doing well....my pop has advanced Alzheimer's and doesn't know who I am any longer...I had a major health scare earlier in the fall that turned out fine...

I guess I'm saying I have a good bit more perspective than I did when I first joined these boards.

Am I still passionate about the Falcons? Yeah, but I would trade ever watching another Falcon game again if pop could just say my name again or if it was guaranteed that my grandson Jasper would have a healthy, happy & meaningful life.

It's sports...it's entertainment and it has been a great deal of fun and diversion for me for many years. I hope it will continue to be that for many years....but in the grand scheme of life that's all it is.

Thanks again for this thread (especially you my brother KOG) and Go FALCONS!

congrats on the grandson and prayers to the parents