Is Anyone Talking About Decoud?

Radiohead

I am a fan of DeCoud, but watching him last season was painful at times.

He was lost in coverage over 1/2 the time or taking some of the worst angles to tackle I've ever seen. If he was lucky enough to hit the angle, he was missing tackles altogether.

It seems like he goes back and forth: good year, bad year, good year, bad year, but we need some more consistency with Moore, who is an absolute stud, especially with the weakness of the front-7.

Maybe working on the front-7 will help out DeCoud, but I really would like some competition at least.

-- Anyone think Motta could contend in training camp this year?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decoud is one of my favorite off-the-field players. When he was getting all those interceptions in 2012 I could look past his p*ss poor tackling. But if he's not making those plays on top of whiffing on every other tackle then he's just a liability. =/

I doubt they'll make free safety a priority this offseason but I won't be surprised if they draft one and let them compete for the job in training camp. Nolan even called Decoud out in an interview, so if he doesn't get his act together then it's only a matter of time before we cut ties with him.

We're tied to Decoud a couple more years whether we like it or not. He's terrible, he just had some big interceptions last year. Motta is a SS. But yes, a better Front 7/pass rush means Decoud will play better.

I disagree..... Can TD really afford to hitch his dingy to that kinda dead weight ? huh.png

It's painfully obvious TD would be better served to pay somebody to take him off his hands. dry.png

I am a fan of DeCoud, but watching him last season was painful at times.

He was lost in coverage over 1/2 the time or taking some of the worst angles to tackle I've ever seen. If he was lucky enough to hit the angle, he was missing tackles altogether.

It seems like he goes back and forth: good year, bad year, good year, bad year, but we need some more consistency with Moore, who is an absolute stud, especially with the weakness of the front-7.

Maybe working on the front-7 will help out DeCoud, but I really would like some competition at least.

-- Anyone think Motta could contend in training camp this year?

You're a fan of Decoud because of... his dance moves?

... his singing prowess on NFL Network?

And his "good years" are merely good because they aren't as hideous as the other years.

He needs to quit the clown/goofball/hipster act and get his sorry azz focused on football. Yea he's a puzzy . I bet Bosher could whup his azz in a fair fight.

You say that like Bosher is Martin Gramatica or something. Bosher outweighs him by 16 pounds according to the Falcons site. Bosher is not scared....wouldn't surprise me at all if he could take him.

As I've said many times before, I think this staff are going above and beyond to remove any soft players from this team. Two of the main culprits on defense would be Dominique Franks and Thomas Decoud. These are two players who want absolutely no parts of contact. There is a good bit of film on Decoud from this year running away from making a tackle and I saw him purposely run into the back of a block instead of taking the correct angle to make a tackle against Bobby Rainey on a long TD run in Tampa Bay. If I saw this, so did the coaching staff and higher ups.