Thoughts On Tice Hire From Bears Fan

hey guys my best friend is a Bears Fan and i called to get his opinion on the hire of Mike Tice. i remembered that a few years back the Bears had the WORST oline in the NFL ( you guys remember that) he said the reason the Oline Sucked was cause they let Center Olin Kreutz leave brains of the oline for the bears. from 2010-2011 Mike Tice was Oline Coach they gave up 56-50 sacks those two season (106)

Thoughts

Edited by falconfanEST1989

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He's an upgrade in the sense that a brick would have been an upgrade over Pat Hill but I still don't like this move. People try to put the entire blame for the Bears' O-line struggles on Martz but it's basically the same mental gymnastics I heard when Koetter was hired and how it was everyone's fault but his for the Jaguars' struggles on offense.

Its a roll of the dice with tice(BAM lol)

If we get the Chicago Tice were screwed.

If we get the Vikings Tice, where they had one of the best offenses ever, were okay.

Vikings had an awesome oline bears didnt... we gave up 44 sacks this year and it couldve been more had it not been for matt ryan getting rid of the ball so fast!!! i think its safe to say we just need to upgrade the oline. maybe he'll have good insight on free agents and rookies, cause with this line and him coaching we'll still give up 45+ sacks next year

He's an upgrade in the sense that a brick would have been an upgrade over Pat Hill but I still don't like this move. People try to put the entire blame for the Bears' O-line struggles on Martz but it's basically the same mental gymnastics I heard when Koetter was hired and how it was everyone's fault but his for the Jaguars' struggles on offense.

After martz was fired TZice was moved to OC and they only gave up 35 sacks dont know who they brought in on the Oline tho, but from 50 down to 35 is good right??

If we draft Greg Robinson and the best Guard available in the 2nd round...then Mike Tice should have no problem turning this line around. We desperately need Baker to play like he did his contract year. Mike Tice definitely wants big, nasty, mean olinemen and apparently so does Blank and Smitty so hopefully they acquire some

I hope they aren't expecting him to turn what we already have in place around. If so, it's a wasted hire

Blank said its safe to say we won't be picking a skill position player with the first pick and elaborated on how we will use the free agency to compliment the draft. The guys up top know what the problem is now. We're not gonna be rocking the same personnel as 2013

I just hope Tice is a good evaluator of offensive line talent and not just a coach. Right now, Tice is probably watching tape of every Falcons offensive snap this year. By tomorrow, he is going to have a green/sick look on his face when he reports to Mike Smith that there is NO talent on the roster except Justin Blalock.

Blank said its safe to say we won't be picking a skill position player with the first pick and elaborated on how we will use the free agency to compliment the draft. The guys up top know what the problem is now. We're not gonna be rocking the same personnel as 2013

agreed but i think we have too many holes to fill the oline dline situation is clearly a 2 maybe 3 year process,

imo i think TD will focus on 1 side of the ball per FA/Draft period,

Free agency they focus on OLINE

Draft will be DLine

Paul Boudreax -Dam shame he was shown the door by this franchise.angry.png

+1

I just hope Tice is a good evaluator of offensive line talent and not just a coach. Right now, Tice is probably watching tape of every Falcons offensive snap this year. By tomorrow, he is going to have a green/sick look on his face when he reports to Mike Smith that there is NO talent on the roster except Justin Blalock.

Yet we keep firing O-line coaches.

Batter up...Mike Tice.

Jesus turned water into wine but even Jesus couldn't turn these guys into a cohesive, effective unit.

It's going to take a couple of savvy moves by TD to give Tice the material to work with.