Tice Will Fix The Run Blocking . Now It's Time Antone Smith Gets The Nod

swiffcheese

SJax was a very good player for lone time in this league . Great person . Great career but his time has gone and come . We are sorry that the guys in front didnt do there job this season and sorry you were banged up but we need to move on and find our feature back

Quizz - good contributor . Good overall player just doesn't bring that speed dimension we need to pop a big one . Tough hard nose player . Brings a quality as a 3rd down back but need to move on

Snelling - stays . He contributes with everything . Hard worker never complains

Antone Smith - should steal this job and break out . Talent is there . Speed is there . That is what we need from this team is a rb that can break a 60 yard run at blink of a eye if blocking unit in front does job

Draft a bruising back in mid rounds draft to compliment Smith.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SJax was a very good player for lone time in this league . Great person . Great career but his time has gone and come . We are sorry that the guys in front didnt do there job this season and sorry you were banged up but we need to move on and find our feature back

Quizz - good contributor . Good overall player just doesn't bring that speed dimension we need to pop a big one . Tough hard nose player . Brings a quality as a 3rd down back but need to move on

Snelling - stays . He contributes with everything . Hard worker never complains

Antone Smith - should steal this job and break out . Talent is there . Speed is there . That is what we need from this team is a rb that can break a 60 yard run at blink of a eye if blocking unit in front does job

Draft a bruising back in mid rounds draft to compliment Smith.

I'm still miffed that smith got so few touches.

Steven Jackson is not leaving until his contract is up...can't blame him for a terrible oline. Jacquizz provides more value than Snelling in my opinion, rodgers has the talent to be the starter and might be the best blocking RB that we have which just proves how strong he is. Antone will stay for special teams help. I think Steven may just leave after his contract and we ride out with jacquizz starting

Steven Jackson is not leaving until his contract is up...can't blame him for a terrible oline. Jacquizz provides more value than Snelling in my opinion, rodgers has the talent to be the starter and might be the best blocking RB that we have which just proves how strong he is. Antone will stay for special teams help. I think Steven may just leave after his contract and we ride out with jacquizz starting

Are we all not the least bit concerned that Jackson is keeping carries away from guys who can actually get yards?

Are we all not the least bit concerned that Jackson is keeping carries away from guys who can actually get yards?

I feel like the oline was taking yards away from Steven. He is a proven pro bowl caliber RB when healthy so should be improved next year as long as we improve as a team around him

Smith is just a home run threat if he gets into space. We need an actual bell cow so he can be used as a change of pace more effectively. Spend a mid round pick on someone like James Wilder or Storm Johnson to go along with retooling the O-line and our running game should have a nice turnaround.

and go more RBBC and "Hot Hand", rather than having one "premier" back. There is 0% chance that other RBs get significant snaps, as long as Sjax is on the roster.

Can Antone Smith pick up a block in pass protection/chip?

I'd like to see Smith in some two back sets, with the other being more versatile. He's fast enough, that he could compensate for the inability to pass protect, as long as there's someone else back there. I don't know about making him the starter though. He comes off to me as fragile.

what is wrong with giving hima chance to start?

Don't think he has a problem with him starting, but rather the coaching staff not giving him that opportunity based on his very limited number of carries this past season (although I think that's moreso because he is pretty much our best player on special teams). This offseason should give the coaching staff the time and resources to find a viable replacement for him as a tackler on special teams so that he can devote more of his attention to running the ball and possibly being a punt/kick returner.

What you guys don't know about Antone Smith would fill a book.

Care to elaborate or present a lesson?

Bet you didn't know this. Antone won $2 million in the Florida State Lottery while a student-athlete at FSU.

More to the point, though, he has difficulties with pass pro and ball security. Those are unlikely to show up with limited game reps, but an expanded role could lead to disaster. He'll have to become more proficient at both before we should want to see him regularly. In the meantime, Snelling is a less flashy but much more reliable option.

EDIT - OK, it's an admittedly small book. More of a pamphlet.

Edited by JOEinPHX

Something I noticed about SJax was that he really had no vision, or very little. He just bulls forward, if there's a hole, great, if not, he's not bouncing inside or out, if he does, it's rare.

Lol...what teams are ya watching where running backs cut back or bounce outside all day? If it's not ZBS or McCoy, it ain't happening. When Jackson ran into a scrum, if there was another lane he'd hit it. But our line was so bad, the backers could easily flow to the ball because the line d-line could close a hole solo. If a hole is stuffed, the backer is going to play contain, not shoot a plugged gap...this eliminates a cut back unless you're McCoy, and you'd need the slowest backer in the world playing contain to beat him to the outside.

The problem with falcons backs for so long is the refusal to play the 5'11" medium build agile type adrian peterson frame backs. We either got the short stubbies that arent agile or the big boys that are slow too... Wish we had more snellings and less antone smith jacquizz rodgers