New Walter Football Mock

falconsb_logo.gif Atlanta Falcons: Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina SouthCarolina_logo.gif

TRADE! The Rams would take Texas A&M left tackle Jake Matthews if they were to stand pat, but I'd say there's an 83-percent chance (HIMYM) that this pick gets traded. There are just too many valuable commodities available here. One of Oakland, Cleveland or Minnesota could fall in love with a quarterback and look to jump the Jaguars to land that specific signal-caller. Or, as in this case, Atlanta (or perhaps Tampa Bay) wants to secure the greatest pass-rushing prospect to enter the NFL Draft in a very long time.

Thomas Dimitroff has an extensive history of moving up in the draft, so he could certainly make a move like this. Dimitroff would love to add Clowney to his roster because the Falcons had major problems pressuring the quarterback this season; only the Jaguars registered fewer sacks. This is obviously a major problem, as Drew Brees and Cam Newton are standing in the way for the Falcons to re-claim the NFC South title.

As discussed, the South Carolina product an elite prospect from a talent perspective, but Clowney has motivational issues, as Charlie Campbell reported before anyone else in the summer. He put very little effort into his 2013 season. There have also been new questions about Clowney's off-the-field interactions, as a recent report revealed negative things about his entourage. The Falcons will have to worry about him quitting or taking too many trips to the numerous strip clubs in Atlanta, but given that the team is coming off such a dismal season, Dimitroff may take a chance like this.

Pick change; previously Anthony Barr, DE/OLB (No. 6)

http://walterfootball.com/draft2014.php

Not sure how I feel about trading up.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh...I would not be upset if we traded up and got Clowney because he would be a beast for us. But at the same time we would definitely lose our 2nd rounder and we have too many holes for us not to keep all of our picks

I just want clowney and gabe jackson. Time to start the slander case on gabe

It's weird because he has us trading up but still having our second and third and taking Su'a-Filo and Odell Beckham.

I've mentioned it in previous post it will not be that expensive for us to move up four spots. See dion Jordan trade last year. Maybe a 4th or/and 5th. Rams don't want to move too far down they still need to grab their guy.

I also predicted this very trade, Les Snead being one of our former FO guys.

Edited by head busta from augusta

Hey PG noticed you never responded to the comment about the Rams taking a tackle, looks like Walter is on the same page as I am.

That's more a damnation of your point than anything considering his track record. As for the Rams LT situation, Jake Long's injury is far from career ending so it's very doubtful they draft another LT. Clauses in his contract also make him cheaper going forward because he wound up on IR so he becomes a relatively cheap but very good LT for them, but it's not enough to make it worth cutting him or moving him to RT. My expectation is that they'll make a push in free agency to get someone like Anthony Collins, who is a capable stop gap at LT, until Long is fully healthy as opposed to getting a rookie in the top 16.

Doubt it this draft is deeper in certain position than last year. QB, LT, WR and pass rushers! No need to trade up when there will. Be something available no matter where you pick.

There will be trade up interest for Clowney obviously. Plus there is a possibility 3 QB go very early. The QB needy teams will have to overdraft them if they want them.

I want Clowney or Robinson. Maybe Matthews, too, but I would rather trade down if we get a good offer bc we have lots of holes to fill.

I've mentioned it in previous post it will not be that expensive for us to move up four spots. See dion Jordan trade last year. Maybe a 4th or/and 5th. Rams don't want to move too far down they still need to grab their guy.

I also predicted this very trade, Les Snead being one of our former FO guys.

No he's just too lazy to actually adjust it and give the pick to the rams. I haven't seen walter ever actually adjust picks properly before in later rounds. And considering it took a 3rd to move up last year, I can't imagine the rams only taking a 4th this year.

Edited by dchen46

Doubt it this draft is deeper in certain position than last year. QB, LT, WR and pass rushers! No need to trade up when there will. Be something available no matter where you pick.

This QB class reminds me of 2011's. People are pumping it up to be deep but it's more like thin ice than anything. The edge rush talent also leaves a good deal to be desired. LT, DT, WR, and OG are all very deep though.

This QB class reminds me of 2011's. People are pumping it up to be deep but it's more like thin ice than anything. The edge rush talent also leaves a good deal to be desired. LT, DT, WR, and OG are all very deep though.

The difference in 2011 is Luck and RG3 were the class, we still don't know who the best QB in this class. There maybe up to 6 QBs at the end of the day we could say that deserved to be in the first round.

That's more a damnation of your point than anything considering his track record. As for the Rams LT situation, Jake Long's injury is far from career ending so it's very doubtful they draft another LT. Clauses in his contract also make him cheaper going forward because he wound up on IR so he becomes a relatively cheap but very good LT for them, but it's not enough to make it worth cutting him or moving him to RT. My expectation is that they'll make a push in free agency to get someone like Anthony Collins, who is a capable stop gap at LT, until Long is fully healthy as opposed to getting a rookie in the top 16.

Regardless of what people think of his track record we all reference his site. Notice with the billions of mock draft sites his is the only one anyone on here post (creditability)!

Not sure if you notice but the Rams have no money to make splash hence why they want to move down in the draft because know they will not be players in the FA market. Right now they are projected to have $123 committed to players in 2014. A direct result of the last two years of signings.

So correct me if I am wrong but there are only about 7 teams that may be in the market for a QB in the first couple of rounds. As I mention before there are about 6 QBs that when we look back a couple of years from now would have received a 1st round grade. The 6 QBs I think will be pretty sought after are the obvious (Bridgewater, Bortles, Carr, Manziel, Murray & Mettenberger) I also think small school prospects Fales, Garoppolo and Brent Smith will get some consideration in round 2-3.

Vikings, Cardinals, Jags, Titans, Texans, Browns, and Raiders are in the market for a QB in the first 2 rounds.

Only the Cardinals are not drafting inside of the top 11, which I can't see the Cardinals paying a kings ransom to get a QB. Being as thou they are ready have Palmer on the roster I can see them grabbing a QB in the 2nd Murray or Mettenberger and grooming them for a year or two.

Who else will pay a king's ransom in order to select a player in the first 5 picks? I personally don't see it. There is no one WR, pass rusher or Oline that a team must have in the first five picks. If there is no demand then the price must follow. Put yourself in the pace of the other 32 team's GM and ask yourself if it is worth it.

Edited by head busta from augusta

Regardless of what people think of his track record we all reference his site. Notice with the billions of mock draft sites his is the only one anyone on here post (creditability)!

Not sure if you notice but the Rams have no money to make splash hence why they want to move down in the draft because know they will not be players in the FA market. Right now they are projected to have $123 committed to players in 2014. A direct result of the last two years of signings.

Traffic does not equate to credibility. If that were the case then ESPN should be taken seriously. As for the Rams, due to clauses in Long's contract that should help their cap situation by about $4 million next season and cutting Bradford would up that to $14 million in cap relief which would allow a decent signing or two and help them afford the rookie contracts. Since they're sitting on #2 they can get whichever top QB the Texans don't draft as a replacement for Capt. Checkdown.

So correct me if I am wrong but there are only about 7 teams that may be in the market for a QB in the first couple of rounds. As I mention before there are about 6 QBs that when we look back a couple of years from now would have received a 1st round grade. The 6 QBs I think will be pretty sought after are the obvious (Bridgewater, Bortles, Carr, Manziel, Murray & Mettenberger) I also think small school prospects Fales, Garoppolo and Brent Smith will get some consideration in round 2-3.

Vikings, Cardinals, Jags, Titans, Texans, Browns, and Raiders are in the market for a QB in the first 2 rounds.

Only the Cardinals are not drafting inside of the top 11, which I can't see the Cardinals paying a kings ransom to get a QB. Being as thou they are ready have Palmer on the roster I can see them grabbing a QB in the 2nd Murray or Mettenberger and grooming them for a year or two.

Who else will pay a king's ransom in order to select a player in the first 5 picks? I personally don't see it. There is no one WR, pass rusher or Oline that a team must have in the first five picks. If there is no demand then the price must follow. Put yourself in the pace of the other 32 team's GM and ask yourself if it is worth it.

Considering Arians offense I could see the Cardinals looking very closely at Mettenberger and Garoppolo. Mettenberger has more than enough arm to fling it down field for that high flying offense but I'd go with Garoppolo over him since he's better rounded as a player even if he'd need a year or two to develop. As for the QB class, there is a huge drop off between the top four and the rest of the class.