Is There Any Realistic Way We Could Get Jimmy Graham?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a perfect world still "no"

The only way we pick him up is if he gets the WR Tag and the Saints botch the restructuring of other players contracts to sign him back. Then he would test FA and almost every team in the NFL would jump at him. We would have to make some major cuts and restucture our own guys to get him and JJ under the cap over the next two years.

The TE position can and will be addressed in the late rounds of the '14 draft.

His agent wants top WR money (11mil). That's not going to happen. Either way the Saints are WAY over the cap and would have to let a lot of heads roll to get under enough to sign him AND stay competitive. If they tag him someone else will walk. There was a story circulating around that they might look to sign him and trade him for a kings ransom. Either way you look at it, sign him, tag him, or anything else requires the Saints to cut and restructure A LOT of players.

And if the Saints were stingy with Brees over a two million difference then I can't see Graham getting WR type money. To be honest if I were the Saints I'd let him walk and accept the inevitable of restructuring the cap. Every team sooner or later has to face the music. Cutting players to sign Graham to untimely end up right back at the cap level doesn't make sense.

Edited by raumin

His agent wants top WR money (11mil). That's not going to happen. Either way the Saints are WAY over the cap and would have to let a lot of heads roll to get under enough to sign him AND stay competitive. If they tag him someone else will walk. There was a story circulating around that they might look to sign him and trade him for a kings ransom. Either way you look at it, sign him, tag him, or anything else requires the Saints to cut and restructure A LOT of players.

And if the Saints were stingy with Brees over a two million difference then I can't see Graham getting WR type money. To be honest if I were the Saints I'd let him walk and accept the inevitable of restructuring the cap. Every team sooner or later has to face the music. Cutting players to sign Graham to untimely end up right back at the cap level doesn't make sense.

I feel really sorry for the chaos they could be in when its time to sign players... biggrin.png I dislike that team so much it's painful for me to watch them. I hope Brees gets bodyslammed so hard it shakes the stadium.

Graham sucks. I don't know why everyone is all over his jock. I wouldn't want him for a huge pay cut, and he's not taking a huge pay cut. He wants Gronk and Fitz kind of money.

lol put the crack pipe down. Graham isnt getting paid a million this year. He will get a nice raise. Also there is a HUGE difference between the money Gronk makes compared to Fitz. Do you watch any team besides Atl

lol put the crack pipe down. Graham isnt getting paid a million this year. He will get a nice raise. Also there is a HUGE difference between the money Gronk makes compared to Fitz. Do you watch any team besides Atl

Honestly i have no idea what fitz makes. I wasn't being literal, simply showing he wants top money. Graham will want Gronk money though, if not more. You can bet on that. And i don't want to shell that kind of cash out for a Te that has a permanent case of the dropsies.

I feel really sorry for the chaos they could be in when its time to sign players... biggrin.png I dislike that team so much it's painful for me to watch them. I hope Brees gets bodyslammed so hard it shakes the stadium.

They haven't been a team thats been fiscally responsible, and for all the points they score they aren't by any means a complete team. And I can't remember when was the last time they pressed the reboot button and went under for a few years. With Carolina coming of age and us with a young core with at least 20+ mil in cap space after cuts where are the Saints going to have the funds to keep this going? Even if they shave 15 million in cap space Graham takes half of that and the rookies take 3 million leaving just a few million to get better.

It would be ******** but you can put it past that idiot GM

Saints will franchise Graham . That means trading draft picks

1) He also hates the Falcons franchise

2) We would have to overpay him by a lot for him to consider us

Uggghhh.... I'm so tired of hearing this STUPID argument from people. These guys are pros and football is a job for them. Trust me, they will play for whoever will pay them well for their services and not give a crap about any division rivalries. That being said, this team needs to focus on the trenches and not worry over skill positions. Assuming a return to health for our injured guys, we are fine at the skill spots. Edited by Falc_Fan_Since_Six

They haven't been a team thats been fiscally responsible, and for all the points they score they aren't by any means a complete team. And I can't remember when was the last time they pressed the reboot button and went under for a few years. With Carolina coming of age and us with a young core with at least 20+ mil in cap space after cuts where are the Saints going to have the funds to keep this going? Even if they shave 15 million in cap space Graham takes half of that and the rookies take 3 million leaving just a few million to get better.

I'll tell you what bugs me more than anything. In light of our defensive struggles, these guys just seemed to snap their fingers and boom they put a nice D on the field. Sickening. Are we being outdrafted mister Dimitroff? Makes me sick really.

Uggghhh.... I'm so tired of hearing this STUPID argument from people. These guys are pros and football is a job for them. Trust me, they will play for whoever will pay them well for their services and not give a crap about any division rivalries. That being said, this team needs to focus on the trenches and not worry over skill positions. Assuming a return to health for our injured guys, we are fine at the skill spots.

We know Graham is not on our "must have list" but that's what this thread is about. Tagging Graham means someone of importance walks and I'm all for it.