Do We Double Dip Again This Year? Or Move Up?

J-Wall

I wouldn't be shocked if we traded up to get Clowney(TD's track record) I would honestly just double dip and take the Robinson kid out of Auburn(dude is a MONSTER) and then take Richardson or Yankey in the second. I won't select a defensive player because I think we will hit that hard in FA

It depends how much fire the billionaire is breathing on him behind the scenes. I have to think that they will go with a FA tackle, a FA space eater at DL, then draft a stout guard. I think we are stuck with Baker, Blalock and Hawley. Add a kid in the draft at guard, and a solid FA right tackle. Homes will be our back up LT. Gunn will back up Blalock. Konz will work back up RG. They may also go with a veteran center in FA. Don't think De La Puente or Mack, think a Romberg style. Then a FA DT and drafting a behemoth DT in the third. Not ideal, but realistic given the track record and tendencies of our front office.

Guest Negatorris

In my most recent mock I had us taking two young, game changing defensive players in free agency, and then going after Matthews and Richardson/Jackson in the first two rounds to fix the right side of the line.

I would love to see us go get the two best OL guys up their with the first two picks but I realize that's not sexy enough for alot of people.

I would be ok with this if we fix the Dline in FA, BUT....we are lacking in depth so badly that I would probably prefer us to trade DOWN, bolster the DL in the draft and fix the OL in FA. I guess it depends on who's available at 6.

All depends on what happens in FA, and of course who will be (or they think will be) available at our spots in the draft. The only certainty is that TD and Smith know that their jobs are on the lines (see what I did there)

Edited by B3TD

I'd $hit myself if we grabbed Greg Robinson and found a way to team him up with Cyril Richardson. Holy cow, ryan could just walk casually up to the LOS and say "thats right beotch we runnin' the ball and you can't do jack to stop us!!"

thats my dream team

or matthews/c richardson

Edited by FALCONSFANBC

I wouldn't be shocked if we traded up to get Clowney(TD's track record) I would honestly just double dip and take the Robinson kid out of Auburn(dude is a MONSTER) and then take Richardson or Yankey in the second. I won't select a defensive player because I think we will hit that hard in FA

You won't like this but as of today and not taking FA in mind I'd take Jake Matthews if available and plug him in at RT and when Baker is eventually released we have that key spot already locked up on our roster.I like Robinsons physicality but I like Matthews versatility more.For me this is a marked change but my vision of the draft has drastically changed.

My dream o-line for next year is LT cough Baker LG Blalock C Alex Mack RG Gabe Jackson RT Jake Matthews if we rolled with this group going into the new season I think Matt Ryan has a huge GRIN on his face instead of the oh $hit this is going to hurt look he had all last season.

Edited by kiwifalcon

We need to trade down and get Aaron Donald from Pittsburgh.

I'd love to get Aaron Donald in the 2nd round and DaQuan Jones in the 3rd round.

Or if we're going to double-dip on offensive linemen, give me Jake Matthews in the 1st round and Gabe Jackson in the 2nd.

But it's a little too soon to get all wrapped in the draft, which is still 4 months away. I'm more interested to see what we do in Free Agency, which is only 2 1/2 months out.

Guys just announced we are one of the teams considering to trade up for Teddy Bridgewater!Im excited!

http://youareanidiot.org/

here is the link^^^^