Jobless Benefits Push An Admission Of Wh 'failure'? I'd Say Yes.

Guest Deisel

Guest Deisel

This article by Humme hits the nail on the head. Statistics show that our Labor participation market is the lowest since the Great Depression. Food stamps and disability #'s have almost doubled since Obama took the over. We have nearly 90 million people Not working. Thats incredible....If Obama's policys worked, wouldn't unemployment have fallin? If obama's policy's worked(like giving $80 BILLIONs to wallstreet every month) wouldn't job growth be on the rise? If Obama's plans(shovel ready) worked wouldn't the minimum wage argument be a Nonstarter?

http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/01/07/brit-humes-awesome-takedown-obama-jobless-benefits-push-admission-your-own-failure

Obamas crisis over unemployment benefits is 100% PROOF that his administration has failed, no lets just say, Liberal/progressive policy's have FAILED.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why is the government responsible for job creation?

For the most part I agree with you. I hate it when politicians claim it as their success when job numbers are good and they get too much blame when they go down, but they do have an effect; taxes, salary legislation, benefit mandates, minimum standards, etc. I'm not arguing for or against anything, but it would be crazy to ask how does government affect job creation (I know that's not what you asked). Government affects it greatly, far more negatively than positively in my opinion.

For the most part I agree with you. I hate it when politicians claim it as their success when job numbers are good and they get too much blame when they go down, but they do have an effect; taxes, salary legislation, benefit mandates, minimum standards, etc. I'm not arguing for or against anything, but it would be crazy to ask how does government affect job creation (I know that's not what you asked). Government affects it greatly, far more negatively than positively in my opinion.

So Obama's policies on taxes and so forth get the credit for the decline in unemployment and the millions of jobs added over the past few years?

So Obama's policies on taxes and so forth get the credit for the decline in unemployment and the millions of jobs added over the past few years?

Sure, and an equal amount of blame for the type of jobs that those added are. Anyone looking to be a part time fry cook should have no trouble realizing their American Dream, for most of those who aim a little higher, well, good luck.

You're right though, jobs have been added.

75 Percent Of Jobs Created This Year Were Part-Time Due To We

How many jobs have disappeared compared to the number created? The net loss is in the millions. This is a fact.

Now, most supporters of the current administration spin that fact as a positive. They just say it's the new normal, or markets correcting themselves. Or they claim the jobs lost were just wasted manpower not needed in today's economy.

Today there are less people employed than there was in 2008. There are less jobs available today than in 2008. There are more people unemployed today than in 2008.

Has the Obama administration marginally improved the situation they made worse? Yes, marginally.

I find it odd that people call to cut government spending while simultaneously asking that the government create jobs.

I see most people who call for less spending aren't asking government to create jobs. They are asking government to get out of the way if the job creators.

I find it odd that people call to cut government spending while simultaneously asking that the government create jobs.

I don't see how anyone thinks the government can create any jobs, other than government jobs of course. Of these, they can and should cut spending, or do you think that government bureaucracies are running lean?

Congress should promote entrepreneurship and investment with policies that would create jobs without adding to the deficit. Congress can do this through a combination of explicit actions and by eliminating specific, Washington-based threats to the economy:

• Freezing all proposed tax hikes and costly regulations at least until unemployment falls below 7 percent, including health care and energy taxes;
  • Freezing spending and rescinding unspent stimulus funds;
  • Reforming regulations to reduce unnecessary business costs, such as repealing Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act;
  • Reforming the tort system to lower costs and uncertainty facing businesses;
  • Removing federal law and regulations that restrict domestic energy production;
  • Suspending the job-killing Davis-Bacon Act (DBA) that requires federal construction contractors to pay prevailing wage rates that average 22 percent above market rates;
  • Passing pending free-trade agreements with South Korea, Colombia, and Panama, which nearly all economists agree will help the economy; and
  • Reducing taxes on companies’ foreign earnings so they will transfer that money back into Americas economy.

I see most people who call for less spending aren't asking government to create jobs. They are asking government to get out of the way if the job creators.

Oh, they're very much out of the way, as you can see by BO's graph above.

I'm surprised that, given the data showing a growing plutocracy, anyone seriously argues for supply side economics in the current economic landscape.

I don't see how anyone thinks the government can create any jobs, other than government jobs of course. Of these, they can and should cut spending, or do you think that government bureaucracies are running lean?

Congress should promote entrepreneurship and investment with policies that would create jobs without adding to the deficit. Congress can do this through a combination of explicit actions and by eliminating specific, Washington-based threats to the economy:

• Freezing all proposed tax hikes and costly regulations at least until unemployment falls below 7 percent, including health care and energy taxes;
  • Freezing spending and rescinding unspent stimulus funds;
  • Reforming regulations to reduce unnecessary business costs, such as repealing Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act;
  • Reforming the tort system to lower costs and uncertainty facing businesses;
  • Removing federal law and regulations that restrict domestic energy production;
  • Suspending the job-killing Davis-Bacon Act (DBA) that requires federal construction contractors to pay prevailing wage rates that average 22 percent above market rates;
  • Passing pending free-trade agreements with South Korea, Colombia, and Panama, which nearly all economists agree will help the economy; and
  • Reducing taxes on companies’ foreign earnings so they will transfer that money back into Americas economy.

Some of those are good suggestions. Others are extremely vague.

At some point we're going to have to acknowledge that there is no amount of cowtowing to big business that will encourage them to value jobs over profit.

Guest Deisel

There has been a net addition of millions of jobs over the past several years. Facts. They matter.

The fact that 8 to 9 million people have given up, left the job market, and are Not now counted in the #'s, does that mean anything to Your numbers?