Auburn, You Did The Sec Proud!

Isosceles

I just want to say this. Bash at me if you wish. OR, let this post slide on away with no replies. Whatever.

Great season, Auburn. One with lifelong lasting football memories.

Yeah (I love) Alabama!

But I am different now as I have aged over the years.

I might be among the very few, or rare Alabama fans that don’t just hate Auburn.

Instead, when they have a good or great year and even beat my team, I do not mind seeing

them go on and continue to do well.

Absolutely great game last night.

Had you won Auburn, you would have been a most worthy national champion.

Lastly, Congratulations to the Florida State Seminoles! 2013 BCS National Champions!

J

From a UGA fan, i hate the SEC and never root for them. HOWEVER, Malzahn is a class act and was very gracious. Mason, the way he apologized to Auburn was very classy. the D line has future NFL stars in the making, Marshall did the best he could with his talents, and Chris Davis worked hard all night.

There is no shame in losing when you played your heart out.

Both teams left it on the field and one of them had to lose.

Congrats to Auburn, FSU, and i cannot wait til next year.

He should have apologized for doing the stupid Heisman pose and then pointing at himself. I would have found that as classy, yet it didn't happen.

i was surprised he didn't get a flag for that.. that is called excessive celebration and a 15 yard penalty. the fact they didn't call it is a reason i hate that rule because if that isn't called i know of a bunch of penalties called this year that had no business being called either with players celebrating a touchdown.

Auburn played a **** of a game, but seriously this SEC crap needs to stop. For the love of me I don't understand why people are so fixated with their conference. I was glad FSU won so people would stop the SEC chants for at least a year.

well the fsu fans did their own SEC chant, but for mocking reasons of course.. lol.. the sec seems to be on everyone's mind. bob stoops went off on the sec after his win over alabama again and even jimbo fisher mentioned that the acc is a heck of a conference and this win was for them as well. the conference wars are only going to get worst now with the playoffs.. they are all going to say we are the best.. what fsu did was shutup the sec guys for this offseason.. now those guys will have to stop pretending the sec is the only conference who plays football.

well the fsu fans did their own SEC chant, but for mocking reasons of course.. lol.. the sec seems to be on everyone's mind. bob stoops went off on the sec after his win over alabama again and even jimbo fisher mentioned that the acc is a heck of a conference and this win was for them as well. the conference wars are only going to get worst now with the playoffs.. they are all going to say we are the best.. what fsu did was shutup the sec guys for this offseason.. now those guys will have to stop pretending the sec is the only conference who plays football.

That's true, but most of the conference's are top heavy just like the SEC and then have the bottom dwellers. It's just that the SEC had the top team the last several years. Unless they're bragging that their bottom dwellers are better than others bottom dwellers...Which makes no sense.

I'm strictly a FSU fan and rarely, if ever, root for the conference. I try to root for the team that I want to see win. I was cheering on Louisville against Miami, but at the same time I was pulling for Clemson because I can't stand Meyer.....and I REALLY don't like Clemson.

The playoffs should be interesting. I like the idea of all the major conferences having a championship game and the champions are the playoff teams, but then you get into the argument of such and such team didn't win their conference but they're a better team than one that did win their conference. Then there's the 5th and 6th best teams getting left out of the playoffs. I just don't see a way to "please everyone," but I don't think they should try to please everyone.

i was surprised he didn't get a flag for that.. that is called excessive celebration and a 15 yard penalty. the fact they didn't call it is a reason i hate that rule because if that isn't called i know of a bunch of penalties called this year that had no business being called either with players celebrating a touchdown.

He also spiked the ball in the endzone which normally gets a flag as well.

yep he did a double wammy and no call.. if they are going to call taunting on freeman they should have called a 15 yard excessive celebration on tre as well. to call one and not the other was ridiculous.

Not to mention the missed face mask against Winston right in front of the Referee. Then the way the one judge was almost in Benjiman's helmet after he caught the TD. I'd like to think that he was making sure that the ball wasn't bobbled, dropped, or hit the ground, but with all the other blown or no calls, it kind of makes you wonder if he was looking for a reason to call it incomplete. Just pure speculation though.

Not to mention the missed face mask against Winston right in front of the Referee. Then the way the one judge was almost in Benjiman's helmet after he caught the TD. I'd like to think that he was making sure that the ball wasn't bobbled, dropped, or hit the ground, but with all the other blown or no calls, it kind of makes you wonder if he was looking for a reason to call it incomplete. Just pure speculation though.

yeah i was a bit stunned on that no face mask call.. it happened right in front of the refs.. fortunately for you guys i believe that drive did end in a touchdown because of a great run and stiff arm by winston.

Doesnt the SEC doing well help us though? I dont root for other teams per say, but I prefer the SEC win. How many HS kids come out and say they want to play and prove themselves in the best conference in the country (SEC), i have 0 doubt that the SEC doing well helps uGA recruits kids.

Maybe because it was a little bit after the touchdown, he was on the sideline walking back to his bench already. Camera was on him, but who knows what the refs are looking at since he's not on the field anymore.

Auburn played a **** of a game, but seriously this SEC crap needs to stop. For the love of me I don't understand why people are so fixated with their conference. I was glad FSU won so people would stop the SEC chants for at least a year.

Happens in all conferences. I was looking at Orangebloods the other night and Texas fans were pulling for Oklahoma. Heard a fella on the radio yesterday say he was pulling for FSU, because his team is in the ACC. It only seems that the SEC conference is doing it more often because they keep winning national titles.

Maybe because it was a little bit after the touchdown, he was on the sideline walking back to his bench already. Camera was on him, but who knows what the refs are looking at since he's not on the field anymore.

he spiked the ball right away.. that is a 15 yard penalty. yeah it was a few moments afterward he did that, but the flag have been thrown before that.

he spiked the ball right away.. that is a 15 yard penalty. yeah it was a few moments afterward he did that, but the flag have been thrown before that.

It didn't seem excessive to me, not anywhere near what some pro players do. He kind of flicked it towards the ground. I'm sure if he wound up and threw it into the ground, he would've gotten the flag.

It didn't seem excessive to me, not anywhere near what some pro players do. He kind of flicked it towards the ground. I'm sure if he wound up and threw it into the ground, he would've gotten the flag.

It seemed excessive to me, but it being that late in the title game the refs were not going to let something like that be the reason auburn lost. Which I agree with.