A Clear Message To The Members Of This Forum And Ryan's Contract

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with what you're saying. It's a fact of life in the NFL that if you have a franchise QB you pay him franchise money and we clearly do. It amazes me that Ryan has barely 2 seconds to get rid of the ball and some posters want to blame him for the losses..and for some strange reason some of these same posters have become almost cult like in their following on these boards like they know more than everyone else. Some of you need to do your own research and think for yourself..no one and I mean on one on this board is an expert on the Falcons or the NFL.

You guys are not getting where these guys are coming from. Franchise QBs are expensive, but at the same time these guys are getting paid around 20 mil a year. Salary cap is around 123 million, so these 20 million dollar QBs are getting 16% of the total cap. If you were to break it down so that equal parts to to offense and defense(61.5million each), then Matt Ryan would account for almost 33%.

You cannot expect a GM to pay the QB 33%(offensive partition) and still have money left over for 2 stud Wides, Stud TE, Stud RB, and Stud Oline. Something has got to give. For us that has been Oline, but some teams are cutting down out skill guys. Fans and teams are going to expect these guys to overcome whatever deficiencies the team has to deal with to pay him.

That's been a common problem with the salary cap and escalating contracts that don't match the growth of the cap.

The only way you can build a complete team is to draft EXTREMELY well and get the most out of players before having to re-sign them, That's basically what has happened with the Seahawks and 49ers.

However with most teams you have to pick an area that you're ok with being average.

I don't think our problem has been with Ryan's contract because that's only going to be an issue going forward. We didn't get to this point because of the contract he signed last season.

The problem has been that while the front office has attempted to build both of the lines they've done an almost criminal job to this point. NO ONE has developed on the offensive line and we saw the problems that has caused.

Everyone also knows about our inability to develop any pass rushers. What makes this even worse is that EVERY other team in the division has developed at least 2 pass rushers since TD and Smith have been here.

I just hope TD and Smith have figured out what the reasons for this are and have it corrected otherwise they'll both be gone after this season.

That's been a common problem with the salary cap and escalating contracts that don't match the growth of the cap.

The only way you can build a complete team is to draft EXTREMELY well and get the most out of players before having to re-sign them, That's basically what has happened with the Seahawks and 49ers.

However with most teams you have to pick an area that you're ok with being average.

I don't think our problem has been with Ryan's contract because that's only going to be an issue going forward. We didn't get to this point because of the contract he signed last season.

The problem has been that while the front office has attempted to build both of the lines they've done an almost criminal job to this point. NO ONE has developed on the offensive line and we saw the problems that has caused.

Everyone also knows about our inability to develop any pass rushers. What makes this even worse is that EVERY other team in the division has developed at least 2 pass rushers since TD and Smith have been here.

I just hope TD and Smith have figured out what the reasons for this are and have it corrected otherwise they'll both be gone after this season.

They can take their chump qb with them too.

The next QB in line is Andy Dalton, right? Lets see what he gets. I don't think he is even a top 15 QB. AND HE HASNT WON A PLAYOFF GAME IN 3 TRIES. The world is going to end. Now if I was Cinncinnati I would not give him a gigantic contract. But that is the nature of the beast. He will get paid because NFL quality QB's are not easy to come by

The next QB in line is Andy Dalton, right? Lets see what he gets. I don't think he is even a top 15 QB. AND HE HASNT WON A PLAYOFF GAME IN 3 TRIES. The world is going to end. Now if I was Cinncinnati I would not give him a gigantic contract. But that is the nature of the beast. He will get paid because NFL quality QB's are not easy to come by

if You wouldn't give Dalton a contract after first three seasons you would be shandy giving Ryan one we well since his stats are indectical to Ryan first three seasons topped with playoff failures as well

I tend to agree.. This is still the ultimate team sport - no one man can do it all by himself.

Therefore, IMO, it is also ridiculous that these QBs are being valued this highly.. I know that's the way the market is these days, but dayum, TDWII is somehow right when he expects these $100 million QBs to carry an entire team, because they are pretty much getting paid like an entire team..

I know that's just the way it is, but that doesn't mean that I think that it should be like this. I don't mind Ryan getting a big contract because, QBs get big contracts these days and Ryan is worth keeping. But it is a bit frustrating to watch the biggest investment this club has ever made, not being able to get anything going because of the rest of the team.. There's a discrepancy between the unrealitstic expectations that go along with these kind of contracts, and the results these QBs can actually put on the field when the rest of the team is lacking.

This man gets it. So many pseudo-intellectuals here can't grasp this simple concept.

Its like buying a ferrari and expecting that because you spent 200k you should never have I sit in traffic...

lol@ it's like buying a Ferrari and finding it was a LEMON and not worth the price you paid for .

Buyers remorse and your stuck making the payment on a over priced car that still hasn't gotten us laid( MEANING SUPER BOWL)

lol@ it's like buying a Ferrari and finding it was a LEMON and not worth the price you paid for .

Buyers remorse and your stuck making the payment on a over priced car that still hasn't gotten us laid( MEANING SUPER BOWL)

Right because he didn't finish 4th in passing…..

Watch out swift. And Matty Melt. Your lack of football knowledge is showing.

Anyone claiming ryan was the 4th best passer this year should be last person throwing around accusations of anybody lacking football knowledge.

Considering the team he was on?

AJ Mccaron had a better line.

4th best passer in a season from ****. Even if you throw away everything else he's done in his career, and went off of one year, he still did well. With a **** line and an awful defense.

Anyone that thinks a QB is the only thing that matters on a team lacks knowledge. Which was my point.

4th in passing based off what ?

He finished 12th in QB rating lol

Swift Im not having this debate with you. You will measure a QB by whatever stat you feel in necessary that day. Whether it is Passing Yards, YPC, INTs, QBR, etc, etc. You just change it to fit your argument.

4th in Passing Yards

4th in completion %

3rd in Sacks.

Id love to see you go out there and be 4th in passing yardage with NO Oline and NO running game. Not only did everyone know he was throwing most of the time, they also knew you could get to him in 2 seconds.

I repeat. Your argument is based in extreme ignorance of the way football works.