Timmy Jernigan

I don't worry about the conditioning. That will get better in the NFL. 1st game in a month, up tempo offense, one of the few 4 quarter games the kid has had to play all season. You have to rotate all of the big guys in the NFL.

A number of guys were cramping because of the layoff last night.

these are humans. Playing on the line is physically the hardest to play. 300 plus pound men hitting you and Auburn runs a up tempo no huddle offense

Agree with this. Saw several people tweeting about the questions he would have to answer after getting gassed. Dude is a big guy, played the vast majority of the snaps leading up to the final drive with no problems, but getting pounded on every play is going to wear on you. Add to that the 30 day layoff and you can understand it. It's not like you can replicate the atmosphere, style of play, and intensity during practice long enough during that layoff. You're not going to see NFL offenses push the pace like that for an entire game & there will be much more rotations keeping him fresher. I think it's a non-issue.

Didn't watch the game last night I had to work but I'm not sure I would want to draft anyone from a line that gave up almost 250 on the ground imjs

You have to watch the game.

First, Auburn runs an extremely potent run option.

Second, Auburn ran like that all season long. Actually 250 is one of their lowest outputs of the whole season

Third, as 567 pointed out they weren't really running up the middle that well. Most of their positive runs were off tackle or to the outside.

these are humans. Playing on the line is physically the hardest to play. 300 plus pound men hitting you and Auburn runs a up tempo no huddle offense

While this is true, I've seen every Auburn game this year. I do not recall any other player struggling to stay on the field for the entire fourth quarter. Jernigan was woefully out of shape last night.

While this is true, I've seen every Auburn game this year. I do not recall any other player struggling to stay on the field for the entire fourth quarter. Jernigan was woefully out of shape last night.

This is also the National Championship and going all in for 4 quarters. He was their best DL last night and played quite dominant when they ran his way.

Not saying we should get him but in normal games the rotation is much more. FSU didn't want to take him out because the middle would have been wide open.

Agree with this. Saw several people tweeting about the questions he would have to answer after getting gassed. Dude is a big guy, played the vast majority of the snaps leading up to the final drive with no problems, but getting pounded on every play is going to wear on you. Add to that the 30 day layoff and you can understand it. It's not like you can replicate the atmosphere, style of play, and intensity during practice long enough during that layoff. You're not going to see NFL offenses push the pace like that for an entire game & there will be much more rotations keeping him fresher. I think it's a non-issue.

Yep. If he lasts all the way to 6th in the 2nd round and we pass on him that will be the last straw for Dimitroff.

Yep. If he lasts all the way to 6th in the 2nd round and we pass on him that will be the last straw for Dimitroff.

I won't say all that 567. There have been plenty of players that I say pass or don't pass on and the player didn't turn out like I thought or the player chosen ended up being better.

If TD passes on Jernigan....meh.

He's good and I like him but he isn't can't miss.

I won't say all that 567. There have been plenty of players that I say pass or don't pass on and the player didn't turn out like I thought or the player chosen ended up being better.

If TD had a track record of being a good drafted I would agree with that but TD's draft record is pathetic. I honestly don't know what people see in this clown. Dude is a pathetic GM. He had to draft Matt Ryan. Arthur Blank gave him no choice on that one. Matt Ryan and Michael Turner is the reason the man still has a job. He's gotten worse every year he's been here. I'm completely sick of his crap.

Actually Jernigan is a little undersized (if his listed 298 is correct). Will all the crying over beef up front, I'm surprised there would be a lot of people (well certain people) were upset of us passing on him. He's a good player, but I've seen him ranked at the bottom of the 2nd round in several places.