Louisville Students Want Petrino Back

Unknøwn

Why would Florida want Petrino? He is a great offensive coach, and his teams do win games. However, outside of some Big East championships, what has he really won? Then, there is the fact that he has never stayed anywhere long, and the colleges he left (or fired from) were in total disarray for a few years after him due to questionable recruiting in many ways.

I didn't see Arkansas play this year but from what i've heard they had very little talent. I still question the ability of Bielema but you have to put that on Petrino for not building the program properly. If this is the hire Louisville is taking a big risk with its newly rebuilt program. He should do fine in the ACC though and he's obviously very familiar with Louisville. It'll be interesting to see if Petrino can stay at one place for awhile.

Wow history sure is proving to be cyclical huh?

So does this mean we should expect him back with the Falcons in a few seasons? ohmy.png

i kid i kid

Seriously though F that guy. I think he's a exceptional offensive mind and from a Xs and Os standpoint it's probably a good move for L'ville but it's disgusting to watch that weasel worm his way into another choice job. (and in the process leaving yet another school that took a big public perception risk by giving him an opportunity). Honestly while I believe there is always a next chance and opportunity for almost anyone to pull themselves up back to the top, I don't feel enough time has passed to say from a moral and philosophical standpoint he's earned this.

Disheartening to see another example of a bad character coming out ahead. You can't help but wonder how long he'll last before the Louisville program finds yet another knife planted firmly into their back. One might even argue that from failing to learn their first lesson they will probably have earned it.

Petrino is a fantastic offensive mind but he's not a strong recruiter. Just look at what Arkansas had this year and Louisville was left with after Petrino left. He doesn't build programs the right way. However if he's learned his lesson he might actually put more effort into building a program rather than his resume.

Well recruits have responded well so far. Louisville will probably lose a couple of guys to Texas but so far their commits seem to be excited about Petrino.

Also Jurich is no fool. The buyout for Petrino is $10M.

i would love to see that contract.. you can bet Petrino has something in there he can exploit.. the guy is a snake.