The Tony Gonzales Of The Running Game

Jigglypuff

Tony also got a lot slower lol. That doesn't work so well with rbs. See mr turner for an example

you see anyone looking up to mr turner?? no he got cut... gonzales was a leader through his consistency on the field and off... we need to give SJ39 another chance this next season if we upgrade the line.

you see anyone looking up to mr turner?? no he got cut... gonzales was a leader through his consistency on the field and off... we need to give SJ39 another chance this next season if we upgrade the line.

I'm not talking about leadership and lock room presence and other things of that sort. I understood nothing but physical aspects from your original post. Physically, a rb won't hold up like a te over the years. Simple truth of football.

I also agree he should have a chance next year. It will likely be his last as a starter due to age.

I'm not talking about leadership and lock room presence and other things of that sort. I understood nothing but physical aspects from your original post. Physically, a rb won't hold up like a te over the years. Simple truth of football.

I also agree he should have a chance next year. It will likely be his last as a starter due to age.

Fred Jackson is what 33? I wanted that mofo for 4 years now.

SJax is a great back and anyone that says we need a new RB doesn't know football. If we get him even decent run blocking he'll be a 1000 yard rusher next year easy. Nobody could look good behind our oline, nobody.

He takes great care of his body, and it will show when he gets anything more than turnstiles in front of him.

Guest Deisel

SJax is a great back and anyone that says we need a new RB doesn't know football. If we get him even decent run blocking he'll be a 1000 yard rusher next year easy. Nobody could look good behind our oline, nobody.

He takes great care of his body, and it will show when he gets anything more than turnstiles in front of him.

Right on. Jackson is an elite back, still. He got injured, his 1st time in many years. He came back and our line was terrible. Steven is a load and will be for at least 2 more years. Should we draft a guy like Mason(auburn) yes, but that would be in the 3rd or so. I am not sold on the other running backs we have. I could see us bringing in another quality back to compete and let ja quizz be the 3rd down back, but lets get another stud in as well.

One thing I noticed in every game Stephen Jackson played in is that he dances around behind the line of scrimmage a lot before he makes his initial burst. It may have a lot to do with the fact that the offensive line couldn't open any holes quick enough but that's one thing that needs to go.

yeah dude, run right into the tackles a$$ and fall down. magnifique.