Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

45 members have voted

1. 1. Whose the best option?

• Mike Tice
    • Mike Munchak
    • Another old Jags Coach
    • Other

I'm surprised that the Falcons have not yet add an offensive line or defensive line coach yet, the sooner we add one the sooner he can get to evaluating prospects. For O-line coach i think the best option would be Mike Munchak but I doubt he will want to be demoted to anything other than an offensive co-coordinator. It looks like Mike Tice will be the choice because he has experience with Smitty and Jacksonville? Thoughts?

They found a guy the wanted, but were denied permission to interview him, despite the team firing their HC.

who?

Minnesota's Oline coach

From what I just read about him, I wouldn't particularly like the move. His o-line allowed the same sacks as ours, and Ponder is even more mobile than Ryan. His running game is great but that's with AP. Plus I see no reason why the dude would want to make a lateral move in his career going from O-line coach to O-line coach especially when he has more to work with in Minnesota.

Here are my choices.

- Mike Munchak, Titans' old HC and excellent offensive line coach.

- Jeremiah Washburn, Detriot's offensive line coach.

- Bruce Matthews, Titans' offensive line coach.

- Tim Drevno, 49ers' assistant offensive line coach.

- Ray Brown, Panthers' assistant offensive line coach.

- John Denton, Texans' offensive line coach.

ESPN's Ed Werder reports the Lions will interview Mike Munchak for their head-coaching vacancy Friday.

Munchak was canned by the Titans on Saturday after going 22-26 in three seasons on the job. The Titans wanted to keep Munchak, but only if he was willing to make serious changes to his coaching staff. He refused. Accompanying Munchak to Detroit will be OC Dowell Loggains. Loggains has reportedly also drawn interest from the Giants as an OC candidate. The Lions seem to want a head coach with previous experience. Munchak fits the bill, but Chargers OC Ken Whisenhunt remains the favorite.