Arthur's Press Conference....what Garbage!

etherdome

Let me first say that AB does not have to get in front of the cameras and field questions. He does so because he is a savvy business man and he understands his clients.

The main issue that I have with this PC is not with Blank, Smitty, TD or even the organization. I have a major problem with the lousy media coverage. Seriously, they seem to think that we are idiots! The softballs lobbed at AB were nauseating. I can not believe that there was no one willing to stand up and ask tough questions, such as:

1. By firing the position coaches, are you saying the the personnel is fine? In other words, do you blame the coaches or do you blame the players?

2. What are the character traits that you are looking for in your next coaches?

3. If the team does not make it to the playoffs next season, who will you hold responsible?

4. Do you personally want to give the present OL's more time to develop, or will you expect to see new faces along the OL next season?

5. The lack of run offense and pass defense has plagued this team for over three seasons. Why has this not been solved to date? Who do you hold accountable for this?

6. You claim that Smitty stands for a team that controls the LOS. Since this has not been the priority for three seasons, who is really in charge of the football operations?

7. How will the new stadium positively impact the surrounding neighborhoods? Please be specific, and please note that large scale events rarely impact the surrounding communities in a significant way.

8. PSL's are going to be a part of the new stadium. A well-run organization knows what it wants to do years in advance. Will PSL's apply to all seating? Can you estimate how much a PSL will cost?

Instead of the above questions, we heard:

1. Can you tell us about the parking at the new stadium?

2. Was there a bright side to getting knocked down this season?

3. Are we going to see a MLS team in Atlanta?

4. Will you make a big splash in free agency?

I was surprised that we did not hear the following questions:

1. Will there be a costume (excuse me) uniform change next season? Come to think of it, I had it right the first time.

2. Mr Blank, you are a smart dresser, have you considered a wider tie knot with the collar you are wearing?

3. Will there be any changes in the catering for these events?

Alge Crumpler was completely duped. He has been the most up front and bluntly critical of this organization. Blank knew this, so he made it a point to embrace Alge from the get go. He sweet talked Alge and turned Crump into putty in his hands.

Wow! What a crappy press conference! Next time, hand out coloring books and lolly pops.

Edited by etherdome

I think your questions would have been much more interesting. Aren't professional journalists/media personnel attending? If so, isn't it their duty to prepare themselves with thought provoking questions? Even difficult questions?

It reminds me of the media surrounding Obama. But not nearly as bad. Journalism died way back.

I didn't read all of those questions but the ones I did aren't questions Blank should be answering. They are football operation questions, something he should leave to the people he pays to do it. He can't answer hypothetical questions like "who will you hold responsible?" When he hasn't seen the situation to know who is responsible.

He owns the football team, doesn't run it. He pays people to do that and decided to step away from the operations of the team a while ago. The questions asked were appropriate for him. The questions you want answered would be better asked to McKay, TD, and Smith.

As the owner (steward) of the team, he is the one that hires people and then holds them accountable for the results. If the OL and DL stink next season, who will he hold accountable? Will he look at TD and say: this is on you? Or, will he keep TD and have Smitty fired? That is what the question meant.

BTW, my review of the Dimitroff/Smith PC is the same. Just a bunch of softballs.

You guys are wanting answers to questions that simply aren't going to be answered publicly--YET.

Advice: Be patient and watch what IS said instead of isn't said. AB said specifically that the coaches that were fired didn't coach the players to be as aggressive as they wanted. He also made it clear that everyone involved knows what the problems are and intend to address those issues.

They aren't going to unfold their free agency and draft strategy, nor should you really want them to. Just take a deep breath and as AB said, look at the body of work and it's very obvious we have the right people in place...

I think some of ya'll B!tch just for B!tching sake. I agree this season was a major disapointment but most of the disapointment was caused by a major case of the "injury bug". Those of you that are doing most of this belly-aching are the same ones that were all over The Falcons bandwagon the previous seasons since TD and MS took over reigns of this club and most of you fairweather fans will be back on the Falcons bandwagon next year or the year after when they put this horrific year behind them and you will all say " I always knew AB,TD and MS were making the right decisions. Until then zip it!!! Everybody is a draft/free agency genius until it is actually them making the decisions.

Blank's confidence in TD and Smith is unwavering, even in the face of a train wreck of a season that exposed an even bigger train wreck of a roster. It's understandable he would want to give them both another season at least, for though their wins are mostly regular-season, bottom-feeder quality, when your franchise is among the worst of all time, I guess you cling desperately to any hint of success that comes your way.

Blank's confidence in TD and Smith is unwavering, even in the face of a train wreck of a season that exposed an even bigger train wreck of a roster. It's understandable he would want to give them both another season at least, for though their wins are mostly regular-season, bottom-feeder quality, when your franchise is among the worst of all time, I guess you cling desperately to any hint of success that comes your way.

Yea, pretty sad too cause the mentality has trickled down to a lot of the members on this MB they think TD and Smith are the best they can do

We sucked this season and we can all agree on that. But I'm not ready to blame TD for this failure because I didn't get to see the team that he assembled. To suggest that losing your starting RT, LT, FB, both WRs, RB, and both OLBs shouldn't affect the quality of play is interesting to me.

With that said, this was by far Smitty's worst season ever with horrible decisions costing us games that were winnable. Blame who you want; it won't fix what is broken and it won't put us in this year's playoffs.

Blank handled himself perfectly. He answered the questions very well, and more bluntly than Smith or Dimitroff would have. He said all the right things. He even straight up told everyone we would definitely not be drafting a skill position player in the first. It's OL or DL. Probably the same for 2nd and 3rd pick. It was a good interview. Not his fault they didn't ask him particularly tough questions.

Blank handled himself perfectly. He answered the questions very well, and more bluntly than Smith or Dimitroff would have. He said all the right things. He even straight up told everyone we would definitely not be drafting a skill position player in the first. It's OL or DL. Probably the same for 2nd and 3rd pick. It was a good interview. Not his fault they didn't ask him particularly tough questions.

That's what the OP said...