2012:

Peter Konz

Lamar Holmes

Bradie Ewing

Jonathan Massaquoi

Charles Mitchell

Travian Robertson

Red = Significant Contributor

That is 27 players drafted in 4 years. I did not list Spoon as a significant contributor because he simply is hurt too much. Corey Peters is average as grits - he would not start for most teams. Hawley has done nothing in three years and I don't see the bright future that some of you claim.

We have Julio(who we gave up the farm), William Moore and a Punter that we probably could have gotten as an UDFA.

That is a pathetic record for 4 of 6 of Dimitroff's drafts.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turrible. I was looking at our draft history a minute ago...smh.

i believe that Dimitroff has too many "black dots" on players(racist!laugh.png ) and values the intangibles and "team captain" kind of bullcrap. Rounds 3-7 are "mining for diamonds" and Dimitroff has exhausted his draft board by then - by accident he should have hit on more players in these rounds than he has.

you could throw darts at a draft board and get more players right than what Dimitroff has done in these drafts. He is lucky that he inherited Roddy and was right on his two biggest acquisitions(Matt Ryan/Julio Jones) or Falcons would be bottom-feeders every year.

He is a pathetic drafter. HIs ego and his whole "good for the locker room" crap doesn't work. If you narrow your search down to "good" character guys who will be good for the locker room, your killing your search for players down from 100 percent to 60 percent to 50 percent possibly closer to 40 percent. Than you miss out on guys like Vontaze Burfict, you miss out on signing guys like Ahmad Brooks. You miss out on drafting Dez Bryant. All those guys play a position that the Falcons have been looking to fill over the years and have all been passed on because its the "Falcon" Filter.

With the exception of your comments on Peters...alot of what you point out here has merit.

Spoon's inability to stay on the field has taken the luster off what had begun as a very promising career. It's certainly still salvagable because he's proven he can be very good when healthy but 2014 is his make or break year.

Also - Jerry had his best year I thought and while he probably will never fulfill the potential he had, I thought for the first time in his career, he was a notable contributor.

The three biggest mistakes were Peria Jerry, Weatherspoon and Peter Konz - you just cannot afford to miss on those guys. I realize I could end up looking foolish saying Spoon is a bust - but - the guy is just never available or healthy when we need him - he never makes enough plays when he is healthy.

i believe that Dimitroff has too many "black dots" on players(racist!laugh.png ) and values the intangibles and "team captain" kind of bullcrap. Rounds 3-7 are "mining for diamonds" and Dimitroff has exhausted his draft board by then - by accident he should have hit on more players in these rounds than he has.

Pretty much. You can find high talent/high character guys in the first couple of rounds. Once you get to the 4th or 5th round it's usually just one or the other though. Dimitroff opts for the character over the talent.

2009:

Peria Jerry

William Moore

Christopher Owens

Lawrence Sidbury

William Middleton

Garrett Reynolds

Spencer Adkins

Vance Walker

2010:

Sean Weatherspoon

Corey Peters

Mike Johnson

Joe Hawley

Dominque Franks

Shann Shillinger

Kerry Meier

2011:

Julio Jones

Akeem Dent

Jacquizz Rodgers

Matt Bosher

Andrew Jackson

Cliff Matthews

2012:

Peter Konz

Lamar Holmes

Bradie Ewing

Jonathan Massaquoi

Charles Mitchell

Travian Robertson

Red = Significant Contributor

That is 27 players drafted in 4 years. I did not list Spoon as a significant contributor because he simply is hurt too much. Corey Peters is average as grits - he would not start for most teams. Hawley has done nothing in three years and I don't see the bright future that some of you claim.

We have Julio(who we gave up the farm), William Moore and a Punter that we probably could have gotten as an UDFA.

That is a pathetic record for 4 of 6 of Dimitroff's drafts.

Why is Kerry Meier not in red?

You should probably give him Spoon, Peters and Hawley. Maybe Vance, who he let walk for $1M, after turning the best year of his DTs in 2012. Even then, he's not the genius I was told he was. Like someone said earlier, I believe Mass will be OK. That's the drafts. He also screwed up some free agent acquisitions, let too many of his decent FAs walk and released the wrong players at the wrong time.

He is a pathetic drafter. HIs ego and his whole "good for the locker room" crap doesn't work. If you narrow your search down to "good" character guys who will be good for the locker room, your killing your search for players down from 100 percent to 60 percent to 50 percent possibly closer to 40 percent. Than you miss out on guys like Vontaze Burfict, you miss out on signing guys like Ahmad Brooks. You miss out on drafting Dez Bryant. All those guys play a position that the Falcons have been looking to fill over the years and have all been passed on because its the "Falcon" Filter.

I really think you are correct - and - we as fans would probably be outraged if we really knew how many talented players have been excluded from the Falcons draft board. We took Shann Shillinger and Kerry Meier over Greg Hardy for cryin' out loud.

I really think you are correct - and - we as fans would probably be outraged if we really knew how many talented players have been excluded from the Falcons draft board. We took Shann Shillinger and Kerry Meier over Greg Hardy for cryin' out loud.

Yeah but Shillinger was in that funny gif and my cousin who has a friend whose brother works for the team swears that Meier is going to break out next season.

You should probably give him Spoon, Peters and Hawley. Maybe Vance, who he let walk for $1M, after turning the best year of his DTs in 2012. Even then, he's not the genius I was told he was. Like someone said earlier, I believe Mass will be OK. That's the drafts. He also screwed up some free agent acquisitions, let too many of his decent FAs walk and released the wrong players at the wrong time.

I'm not giving him any of those players. What NFL team does Corey Peters start for other than the Atlanta Falcons? Hawley? really.....a few guys have been pumping up Hawley this year on the messageboard - I have yet to see him make an impressive block or blow a hole open. Spoon? give me one healthy season so we can adequately judge you.

Pretty much. You can find high talent/high character guys in the first couple of rounds. Once you get to the 4th or 5th round it's usually just one or the other though. Dimitroff opts for the character over the talent.

Nailed it!!! This is a big reason why we are in this position.