Arthur Blank Hoping To Bring Mls Team To Atlanta

our biggest problem is that AB has been focusing too much on the Falcons current state & especially the roster. Anything to distract him from that during the offseason will be a huge benefit to us.

I fail to see how that is the Falcons biggest problem. Please explain that to me. TD cant build a front 7. Falcons playing horrible in the second half but AB is the biggest problem
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Arthur Blank said in his press conference that they are hoping to bring a MLS team to Atlanta whether in the Falcon's new stadium or somewhere else. Are you guys excited about this? Personally, I love soccer. I just can't pull myself to vote for any team other than maybe the Galaxy because i'm a big Landon Donovan fan. If Blank creates a MLS team in Atlanta, I will be an instant fan.

I live in Seattle and have been going to 3-6 Sounders games a season the past 2 years. They play at C-Link and games are a lot of fun to attend and a lot cheaper to go to than NFL games. The atmosphere up here is awesome as I've seen on most MLS venues, so I think some of you would have fun with it.

Would anyone I mean anyone actually come watch MLS i mean we can barely fill a football game let alone soccer

Seahawks stadium sells out 40k(lower section) every game and on rivalry games they open up the upper deck and sell a full 65k. Other teams have smaller stadiums (15-25k) and sell out. I'm sure the Atlanta stadium would do something similar to the C-link, selling the lower section for most games only.

Edited by Romfal

I live in Seattle and have been going to 3-6 Sounders games a season the past 2 years. They play at C-Link and games are a lot of fun to attend and a lot cheaper to go to than NFL games. The atmosphere up here is awesome as I've seen on most MLS venues, so I think some of you would have fun with it.

Meh. Could be interesting I suppose. Give me enough Jack Black and I'll cheer two monkeys fighting over a banana.

MLS season goes from March to the end of October so it gives people something to go to inbetween football season if you're not a baseball fan or just looking for diversity. Tickets price from 10$ to 200$ on average. I've been going to games for 40$ on the 50 yard line and 20$ endzone for the most part. Which is about half the box office price. Stubhub ftw.

Edited by Romfal

I fail to see how that is the Falcons biggest problem. Please explain that to me. TD cant build a front 7. Falcons playing horrible in the second half but AB is the biggest problem

Is Jerry Jones' meddling in the Cowboys personnel affairs a problem? How about Dan Snider in Washington? AB meddles just as much in our player acquisitions, handcuffing our GMs (did it with McKay and now TD) in who he will allow them to draft and sign to the bigger FA deals. Only difference is that AB is much quieter about it in public than those other 2 owners. Let TD & our scouting department do their job in conjunction with our coaching staff & you'll see a much deeper and more cohesive team on the field.

Is Jerry Jones' meddling in the Cowboys personnel affairs a problem? How about Dan Snider in Washington? AB meddles just as much in our player acquisitions, handcuffing our GMs (did it with McKay and now TD) in who he will allow them to draft and sign to the bigger FA deals. Only difference is that AB is much quieter about it in public than those other 2 owners. Let TD & our scouting department do their job in conjunction with our coaching staff & you'll see a much deeper and more cohesive team on the field.

How do you know? This is conjecture.

I think soccer make more sense then hockey in Atlanta. You have more children who plays soccer and actually like it. I believe the fan base is already here for it. Arthur Blank is a business man and he will somehow sale the idea of soccer in Atlanta. I didn't hear him state anything about creating a soccer team, I thought he said that he wanted to attract the World Cup to Atlanta. The stadium is a business move more than anything else and he knows it only increase the value of the Falcons worth.

How do you know? This is conjecture.

It's from different things I have been told by someone who worked in the organization a while back (not an after they left, sour grapes type thing, but while they were there). Will admit things could have changed, but doesn't seem like it.

Blank already made up his mind after the trial runs at the GA Dome a couple years ago. Keep in mind these were international teams, but it still shows the interest in soccer is here.

For the people not interested in soccer, what do you lose by Blank bringing a team to this city? Oh, he won't have time to devote to the Falcons? Did the Falcons suddenly getting better when Blank got rid of his Arena football team? Did we get better when he got a divorce? Should he shut the doors on the Blank Foundation?

Have to agree. A billion dollar stadium is being built. You only get paid when its being used. So soccer is 15 or 16 home games. I'd watch.

Have you heard that Bayern Munich is going to be doing a U.S. tour in August competing against the MLS all stars? The first match is in Portland Oregon. I think they are going to be adding more dates in different states

I think it would be a great idea. Kids play the **** out of soccer in this country. We also have a huge influx of immigrants who's first sport is soccer. I enjoy watching soccer, and playing it is fun. I think done right, fans will go. Hockey has been tried and sadly we don't have the culture for it.

Got interested watching grand daughter play. Now I'm hooked.

Got interested watching grand daughter play. Now I'm hooked.

That doesn't surprise me man! I grew up in England. My mom is English and I'm a military brat. So soccer was a go to sport for me. I played my whole life. Like many folks I had to give it up because we didn't have a clear path to move up. 25 years ago, soccer was a fad in the US. The old NASLstill had some echoes in the states. But I think soccer will stick because Atlanta is the most non southern city I know. It has a very diverse culture. And soccer is reasonably priced to attend, kids have.fun and the atmosphere at a soccer game is awesome.

This is the last thing that AB needs to be focusing on with the Falcons current state, but I guess you gotta look ahead considering all of the events the new stadium plans on hosting.

That's the difference between a fan, and a CEO. This man is a billionaire. You think that he should only focus on one thing? He also has The Home Depot. If I can make millions with a MLS team, you doggone right I will have it in my plans.