Arthur Blank Hoping To Bring Mls Team To Atlanta

So Arthur Blank said in his press conference that they are hoping to bring a MLS team to Atlanta whether in the Falcon's new stadium or somewhere else. Are you guys excited about this? Personally, I love soccer. I just can't pull myself to vote for any team other than maybe the Galaxy because i'm a big Landon Donovan fan. If Blank creates a MLS team in Atlanta, I will be an instant fan.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soccer is popular in the south. Not to the levels of football. But it is the number one sport for participation with kids up through junior high. Plus with a large and growing Hispanic population, soccer will only get more popular.

lol, we are talking about grownups going to a start up MLS team, take the braves for example they are loved here and through parts of the country yet a lot of the times the stadium is empty with cheap tickets being available most of the time , yeah in southern Florida

Soccer will never work in Atlanta and in the larger scope in the south.

This is the last thing that AB needs to be focusing on with the Falcons current state, but I guess you gotta look ahead considering all of the events the new stadium plans on hosting.

I kind of agree with you, but that's what the General Manager is for. I doubt Blank spends every waking moment poring over Falcons operations.

Would anyone I mean anyone actually come watch MLS i mean we can barely fill a football game let alone soccer

Football and soccer have different fan bases, although there's some overlap, so NFL attendance isn't a great way to measure future soccer attendance. There are plenty of soccer fans in this city from all over the world, including born-and-raised Atlantans.

Football and soccer have different fan bases, although there's some overlap, so NFL attendance isn't a great way to measure future soccer attendance. There are plenty of soccer fans in this city from all over the world, including born-and-raised Atlantans.

Yea, I'd imagine just soccer fans in general will come check them out and maybe become fans as well. There's a lot of die hard soccer fans that have no way to get their fix.

Edited by Mr. Lubba Lubba©

This is the last thing that AB needs to be focusing on with the Falcons current state, but I guess you gotta look ahead considering all of the events the new stadium plans on hosting.

If he's just as clueless about running a soccer team as he is a football team, look for another disappointing pretender franchise locked in mediocrity from Day One of its existence.

Blank is a smart business man and his whole concept of the new stadium is to have it a multi-sport site. Bull fighting wouldn't surprise me one bit. ohmy.png

I've been to a bull fight in Madrid, and I'd love to see that happen somehow. Also looking forward to some rugby tournaments, although not having real grass may preclude that.

our biggest problem is that AB has been focusing too much on the Falcons current state & especially the roster. Anything to distract him from that during the offseason will be a huge benefit to us.