Arthur Blank's Theme Today

Bring It

Why they canned the line coaches including huggy bear the very next day of our last game. I admit they do love their " continuity " but don't buy the hurting of feelings thing.

Thats not what I was talking about. And thats not really "hurting anyones feelings". If getting canned because you can't do your job well hurts your feelings, you aren't a very strong man.

I was more talking about where the OP mentioned not mentioning lack of talent or anything like that. We don't really give specifics. A few times I have heard things like "Our Oline needs to play better" or something like that, but its general and not very offensive.

Im just saying don't expect anyone in the organization to say anything harsh.

If he mentioned that the team isnt tough enough, that gives me hope that he wants to get rid of the softy safety we have and get tougher up front ASAP.

Didn't Nolan call Decoud flat out recently? Ill have to see if I can find that article

Thats not what I was talking about. And thats not really "hurting anyones feelings". If getting canned because you can't do your job well hurts your feelings, you aren't a very strong man.

I was more talking about where the OP mentioned not mentioning lack of talent or anything like that. We don't really give specifics. A few times I have heard things like "Our Oline needs to play better" or something like that, but its general and not very offensive.

Im just saying don't expect anyone in the organization to say anything harsh.

Given how coaching works in general, I can't imagine that the OL/DL guys don't get their share of specific and pointed criticism in unit meetings.

People seem to expect the FO and coaching staff to be 100% candid with the media and fans....and that's a mistake. These guys have been in football for 30+ years and have forgotten more about football than any of us currently know. The idea that they're oblivious or something seems a bit over the top.

That's not to say they are beyond reproach...because I think they've made a fair share of mistakes as well. And certainly things like interpersonal relations or loyalty come into play here. But I have no doubt that the FO and coaching staff are very much aware of the weaknesses in their team and the efforts they'll need to strengthen those weaknesses.

As for OP's "lack of talent" thing.....eh. I think there's a considerable amount of talent on this team. I think any team looks significantly less talented after a rough season but you can also point out huge talent holes in nearly every team in the league...including the ones still playing.

So you want him to call out specific players publicly? For what purpose? That's just dumb.

If you think not mentioning exact problems to the media = not being aware or dealing with said problems, you're incorrect.

No one has said that lol

I totally understand him not being specific in public, I just was hoping ole Arthur would say.........."Perhaps we're lacking talent in certain key areas".

That's pretty "general". No bombs, nobody's back stabbed.

Why would he need to say that? We're the 6'th worst team in the league i think it's pretty obvious we're lacking talent in some areas.