Resigns/Extensions

- Corey Peters

- Roddy White

- Chase Coffman

- Robert McClain

- Drew Davis

- Peria Jerry

Free Agents

C – Alex Mack - Vet that brings the leadership that will anchor this offensive line and will groom Konz to become the center we drafted him to be.

OLB – Brian Orakpo. Will make us one of best LB corps with Worrilow/Spoon. And allow versatility with 3-4 looks Nolan loves to utilize.

TE – Matthew Mulligan - Cheap reliable Blocking TE

K - Steven Hauschka – This guy is as consistent as they come (made 94% of his FGs). Love Matt Bryant but he is getting a little too old

With our creative front office they should be able to land Mack and Orakpo. Asante cut will help with cap space.

Draft

1. DE – Anthony Barr / 6-4 248lbs(UCLA)

I originally wanted Clowney here but I truly believe he will be gone by 6. Either guy would be a massive

upgrade at DE for us and will greatly improve our 3rd down defense. We just paid Baker and have used high round picks on OL the past couple of years so we won't go OT here unless Jake Matthews is still there but that is highly improbable.

2. OG – Gabe Jackson / 6-3 340lbs (Mississippi State)

This guy is the nasty mauler we have needed since Harvy Dahl left us. He will help us get back to the physical running game we used to be capable of and will stabilize the interior pass protection so Matt can step up into the pocket for once.

gabe-jackson.jpg

3. DT – Daniel McCullers / 6-6 351lbs (Tennessee)

We have needed big guy like this for a long time to plug up the middle on obvious running downs. He plays with good leverage, and is capable of consistently taking on two, sometimes even 3 blockers

4. CB – Stanley Jean Baptiste / 6-2 220lbs (Nebraska)

This draft is super deep with talented corners. Any other year this guy could be a late 2nd round pick. He is 6-2 with long arms and loose hips allowing him to change directions fluidly. Also plays the ball exceptionally well in the air. He could be a steal in the 4th and should add depth should Tru or Alford get hurt.

11sjb.jpg

4.(comp.) OG - Brandon Linder / 6-6 319lbs (Miami Fla.)

Adding depth and stability to our interior line is crucial especially with a draft so deep in offensive line talent. Has potential to start in this league if coached and tutored by Blalock.

5. WR – Ryan Grant / 6-0 192 lbs(Tulane)

Watch film on this kid and he just looks natural at the WR position. Will add depth behind Julio and an aging Roddy.

6. FB – Derek Watt / 6-1 231lbs (Wisconsin)

We might as well assume Bradie Ewing will not stay healthy this year. This guy is a solid lead blocker with a good pedigree being the brother of JJ Watt. Will also be an instant contributor on special teams.

7. QB – Jeff Matthews / 6-3 24lbs (Cornell)

Intelligent QB that is able to read defenses quickly and should add depth and challenge Dominique Davis for 2nd spot.

7.(comp.) OLB - Darrell Johnson / 6-2 264 lbs (East Carolina)

Solid special teamer and add depth to our LB corps with the departure of Nicholas. Has experience in 3-4 scheme too.

2014 Depth Chart

Bold = New Addition

* = Rookie

Offense

WR – Julio Jones / Harry Douglas / Ryan Grant*

LT – Sam Baker / Lamar Holmes

LG – Justin Blalock / Brandon Linder*

C – Alex Mac / Peter Konz

RG – Gabe Jackson* / Joe Hawley

RT – Mike Johnson / Jeremy Trueblood

TE – Levine Toili / Matthew Mulligan / Chase Coffman

WR – Roddy White / Drew Davis

QB – Matt Ryan / Dominique Davis / Jeff Matthews*

RB – Stephen Jackson / Jaquizz Rodgers / Jason Snelling / Antone Smith

FB – Bradie Ewing / Derek Watt*

Defense

LE – Anthony Barr* / Jonathan Massaquoi / Mallicah Goodman

DT – Corey Peters / Peria Jerry

DT – Daniel McCullers* / Travian Robertson

RE – Osi Umenyiora / Kroy Biermann

OLB – Brian Orakpo / Joplo Bartu

MLB – Paul Worrilow / Akeem Dent

OLB – Sean Weatherspoon / Darrell Johnson*

RCB – Desmond Trufant / Stanley Jean Baptiste*

LCB – Robert Alford / Robert McClain / Dominique Franks

SS – William Moore / Zeke Motta

FS – Thomas Decoud / Kemal Ishmael

Special Teams

K - Steven Hauschka

P – Matt Bosher

KR – Jaquizz Rodgers

PR – Harry Douglas

I don't understand cutting Bryant just to replace him with another vet kicker, and if Clowney's gone, then we should probably just trade down.

Well Bryant is 38 years old.. And Haushka is 28 years old. Not only was he more consistent than Matt he also has more leg power.

As for trading down, I wouldn't be against it. But I think we should go with Barr. He reminds me of a young Abraham of how low he can dip his shoulder pad on his speed rush. The last time we spent a high pick on a defensive end was 7 years ago and we can't be scared to draft another just because of a mistake the past regime made with JA98

Well Bryant is 38 years old.. And Haushka is 28 years old. Not only was he more consistent than Matt he also has more leg power.

As for trading down, I wouldn't be against it. But I think we should go with Barr. He reminds me of a young Abraham of how low he can dip his shoulder pad on his speed rush. The last time we spent a high pick on a defensive end was 7 years ago and we can't be scared to draft another just because of a mistake the past regime made with JA98

Barr is nothing like Abe.

I think Falcons would use Orakpo more as a 4-3 DE.

Moves I like:

Alex Mack

Brian Orakpo

Gabe Jackson

Daniel McCullers

Stanley Jean-Baptiste

Moves I don't like:

Anthony Barr

Steven Hauschka (Bryant is money)

Chase Coffman

Peria Jerry

Bryant was money but he cost us a game this year with an easy chip shot miss. Jason Elam was money too. Kickers can only do it for so long. Need to think ahead for what best down the road. Bryant is on the decline. Can't get emotionally attached to players.

As for Peria Jerry, I actually saw alot of good things from him this season and think he can really start to consistently make an impact. And we can also get him for ALOT cheaper than we have been paying him. Same as above we can't get emotionally attached to Babineux. For all the penetration he got in the back field, he rarely actually made the play or tackle. 90% of the time he would miss making the play, Even Nolan admitted that. Peria has more potential for a cheaper price.

Edited by MattyIce222

Don't like the orakpo or Barr moves unless we were moving to a base 3-4 which we arent. I really like Orakpo but he is a totally different player standing up Barr lacks the size to play DE I can see him easily getting washed out every running play. I'm in different on Jerry he's no starter but he is solid depth and can be good in rotation plus **** be cheap for sure. Also this is not the draft to waste a pick on a kicker maybe bring in a UDFA to challenge Bryant likewise I wouldn't waste a pick on a full back.

Don't like the orakpo or Barr moves unless we were moving to a base 3-4 which we arent. I really like Orakpo but he is a totally different player standing up Barr lacks the size to play DE I can see him easily getting washed out every running play. I'm in different on Jerry he's no starter but he is solid depth and can be good in rotation plus **** be cheap for sure. Also this is not the draft to waste a pick on a kicker maybe bring in a UDFA to challenge Bryant likewise I wouldn't waste a pick on a full back.

I agree with alot you've said here. Will def take note on my next mock. Thank for the constructive input~!

Barr doesn't make sense for me you already got Biermann Orakpo Maponga Umenyiora & Mass unless we are going to a 34 in which case Umenyiora is the guy that would be let go Barr is pointless.He will do the same job Mass Orakpo & Biermann would do.There just aren't enough defensive snaps to pick a guy at 6 vs the defensive personel we have.

For me Nolan's scheme is on the $$$$ all we gotta do here is add more help inside against the run.

I'd actually like to be able to get there with 4 hence why I liked the Clowney pick alot and in FA I'd add a guy like Linval Joseph.

Right there scheme wise Nolan can use his LBers & DB's to greater effect which we saw later on in the season.

Edited by kiwifalcon

Keep asking this, haven't gotten an answer yet.

Coffman has 1 catch in 2 years here, 5 for a 5 year career. What makes anybody think we should keep him around?

With weapons like Julio, Roddy, Quizz, Sjax, HD, and Toilo, you don't need every TE on your roster to be the next Jimmy Graham. We need tight ends that are cheap, reliable, and are good blockers.

With weapons like Julio, Roddy, Quizz, Sjax, HD, and Toilo, you don't need every TE on your roster to be the next Jimmy Graham. We need tight ends that are cheap, reliable, and are good blockers.

No offense, but what does that have to do with Coffman? He's never been known for his blocking, he's missed large chunks of seasons with injuries, and, again, he has 1 catch in 2 years. He 's cheap, but he's cheap for a reason.

NO!!!! We have to have QUALITY DEPTH to make it through a 16 game NFL season and playoffs. Can't you see how many key players are injured? We must have 44 players at every position, 2 deep. That is why I say NO to Barr. Trade back and maybe get a extra 2nd and 4th you can do soooo much with.

MOCKeroni n' Cheeze 1.0

Cuts/Release

- Asante

- Babineaux

- Stephen Nicholas

- Dominique Franks

- Matt Bryant

- Kevin Cone

- Garrett Reynolds

Resigns/Extensions

- Corey Peters

- Roddy White

- Chase Coffman

- Robert McClain

- Drew Davis

- Peria Jerry

Free Agents

C – Alex Mack - Vet that brings the leadership that will anchor this offensive line and will groom Konz to become the center we drafted him to be.

OLB – Brian Orakpo. Will make us one of best LB corps with Worrilow/Spoon. And allow versatility with 3-4 looks Nolan loves to utilize.

TE – Matthew Mulligan - Cheap reliable Blocking TE

K - Steven Hauschka – This guy is as consistent as they come (made 94% of his FGs). Love Matt Bryant but he is getting a little too old

With our creative front office they should be able to land Mack and Orakpo. Asante cut will help with cap space.

Draft

1. DE – Anthony Barr / 6-4 248lbs(UCLA)

I originally wanted Clowney here but I truly believe he will be gone by 6. Either guy would be a massive

upgrade at DE for us and will greatly improve our 3rd down defense. We just paid Baker and have used high round picks on OL the past couple of years so we won't go OT here unless Jake Matthews is still there but that is highly improbable.

2. OG – Gabe Jackson / 6-3 340lbs (Mississippi State)

This guy is the nasty mauler we have needed since Harvy Dahl left us. He will help us get back to the physical running game we used to be capable of and will stabilize the interior pass protection so Matt can step up into the pocket for once.

gabe-jackson.jpg

3. DT – Daniel McCullers / 6-6 351lbs (Tennessee)

We have needed big guy like this for a long time to plug up the middle on obvious running downs. He plays with good leverage, and is capable of consistently taking on two, sometimes even 3 blockers

4. CB – Stanley Jean Baptiste / 6-2 220lbs (Nebraska)

This draft is super deep with talented corners. Any other year this guy could be a late 2nd round pick. He is 6-2 with long arms and loose hips allowing him to change directions fluidly. Also plays the ball exceptionally well in the air. He could be a steal in the 4th and should add depth should Tru or Alford get hurt.

11sjb.jpg

4.(comp.) OG - Brandon Linder / 6-6 319lbs (Miami Fla.)

Adding depth and stability to our interior line is crucial especially with a draft so deep in offensive line talent. Has potential to start in this league if coached and tutored by Blalock.

5. WR – Ryan Grant / 6-0 192 lbs(Tulane)

Watch film on this kid and he just looks natural at the WR position. Will add depth behind Julio and an aging Roddy.

6. FB – Derek Watt / 6-1 231lbs (Wisconsin)

We might as well assume Bradie Ewing will not stay healthy this year. This guy is a solid lead blocker with a good pedigree being the brother of JJ Watt. Will also be an instant contributor on special teams.

7. QB – Jeff Matthews / 6-3 24lbs (Cornell)

Intelligent QB that is able to read defenses quickly and should add depth and challenge Dominique Davis for 2nd spot.

7.(comp.) OLB - Darrell Johnson / 6-2 264 lbs (East Carolina)

Solid special teamer and add depth to our LB corps with the departure of Nicholas. Has experience in 3-4 scheme too.

2014 Depth Chart

Bold = New Addition

* = Rookie

Offense

WR – Julio Jones / Harry Douglas / Ryan Grant*

LT – Sam Baker / Lamar Holmes

LG – Justin Blalock / Brandon Linder*

C – Alex Mac / Peter Konz

RG – Gabe Jackson* / Joe Hawley

RT – Mike Johnson / Jeremy Trueblood

TE – Levine Toili / Matthew Mulligan / Chase Coffman

WR – Roddy White / Drew Davis

QB – Matt Ryan / Dominique Davis / Jeff Matthews*

RB – Stephen Jackson / Jaquizz Rodgers / Jason Snelling / Antone Smith

FB – Bradie Ewing / Derek Watt*

Defense

LE – Anthony Barr* / Jonathan Massaquoi / Mallicah Goodman

DT – Corey Peters / Peria Jerry

DT – Daniel McCullers* / Travian Robertson

RE – Osi Umenyiora / Kroy Biermann

OLB – Brian Orakpo / Joplo Bartu

MLB – Paul Worrilow / Akeem Dent

OLB – Sean Weatherspoon / Darrell Johnson*

RCB – Desmond Trufant / Stanley Jean Baptiste*

LCB – Robert Alford / Robert McClain / Dominique Franks

SS – William Moore / Zeke Motta

FS – Thomas Decoud / Kemal Ishmael

Special Teams

K - Steven Hauschka

P – Matt Bosher

KR – Jaquizz Rodgers

PR – Harry Douglas

Its should be Spoon and Worrilow @ ILB and Orakpo and Barr @ OLB and we need to switch to 3-4 If we have both barr and orakpo Edited by Xx_DIRTYBIRD_xX

Can't stand the thought of Anthony Barr as our 6th pick.

Agreed, I don't know why everyone and their grandmothers is mocking us to get Barr? He's skinny, far too small to play 4-3 end. If we ran 3-4 I could understand the pick but if Barr put on weight to fit us maybe he loses his speed which is his whole game anyway