Will Sviteck?

bigjmw84

I think he would be a good guy to bring back. I honestly can't believe we let him go in the first place. He filled in well for a 2 or 3 game stretch in NE. He played LT out of necessity due to Baker being so injury prone, but didn't get much of a chance at RT with Clabos new contract and good durability. We also had Mike Johnson and Holmes we had hope for. I'm pretty sure he would be a serious upgrade at RT without having to pay much. That would give us more flexibility to grab more vet linemen (Joseph/Schwartz/DeLaPuente). We could go Ealy-Donald-D.Jones-Moses-Lyerla-Copeland-S.Long

Whenever he replaced Baker he played like he was worthy of PT. on a scale from 1-10 our RT play was in the 3-4 range. Sviteck would give us a solid 6. At this point we need a lineman who knows what to freaking do in multiple situations. Our current line plays like they have alsheimer's disease

To me this guy would be a last resort type move. Say for instance we picked up a few big $ free agents say DE/DT. Then during the draft things didn't fall like we thought they would. We end up taking another player on D at #6. Then we go RG in round 2. Then I think you would look to someone like Svitek to bring in a solidify the right tackle spot

I never supported letting Svitek go to start with. He was worth keeping... as this season proved! and then some!!! rolleyes.gif

I could support bringing him back on a reasonable contract.

Also support getting Geoff Schwartz from KC, Anthony Collins from Cinci, and there are a couple other FA OL I could support getting here immediately!

And yes, you CAN replace all five OL in one off-season successfully, or at least four of them!! For the poster in another thread that said you can't...

If we were to get Schwartz(G), Collins(RT) in FA, I would still grab Sviteck for when Baker eventually goes down again

LT:Baker/Sviteck

LG:Blalock

OC:Hawley/Konz

RG:Schwartz/Draft

RT:Collins/Holmes

Line up if roster if Baker goes down:

LT:Collins/Holmes

LG:Blalock/Gunn

RG:Schwarts/Draft

RT:Sviteck/Draft

If we were to get Schwartz(G), Collins(RT) in FA, I would still grab Sviteck for when Baker eventually goes down again

LT:Baker/Sviteck

LG:Blalock

RG:Schwartz/Draft

RT:Collins/Holmes

Line up if roster if Baker goes down:

LT:Collins/Holmes

LG:Blalock/Gunn

RG:Schwarts/Draft

RT:Sviteck/Draft

You're replacing too much. If we got Svitek, it would be instead of Collins, and then we wouldn't draft an OT.