What About Michael Johnson In Fa

I think he's kinda overrated and he'll probably get overpaid but he is dominant against the run (saw him completely manhandle Baker and Toilolo like they were kids in pre-season). Wouldn't pay more than 8 per year for him.

I think he's kinda overrated and he'll probably get overpaid but he is dominant against the run (saw him completely manhandle Baker and Toilolo like they were kids in pre-season). Wouldn't pay more than 8 per year for him.

I agree, he has only had double digit sacks once and I am sure alot of that has to do with Geno Atkins. I think if we keep Osi then we need a dominant pass rusher on the other side, I cannot see Hardy coming here and Michael Bennett seems to thrive more on passing downs with a run stopper playing ahead of him which is the same boat as Osi IMO. I think the Falcons should move up to get Clowney IF he falls a few spots (Cleveland?), plug him in at RDE full time and move OSI to LDE on passing downs only. We would need to find someone on the roster (Maponga/Bierman maybe?) for running downs. On 3rd and very long maybe slide Clowney Inside put Massaquoi @ LDE & Osi @ RDE + a space eater like Joseph and let them pin their ears back. An alternative would be Sign Jared Allen to a 1-2 year deal as clowney adjusts to the NFL and move them both around the field on obvious pass downs. Just my two cents.

I just don't see us stumping up the $$$$$ to go out and get this guy.

I'd have a look just like TD did with Peppers and Charles Johnson but as soon as the price gets to prohibitive TD will back out of there for sure.

Also with the emergence of Mass and the return of Biermann next year it makes it more imperative we add more size and explosiveness inside.

Edited by kiwifalcon

Ray Edwards is a bum

yet you're asking to splurge on Greg Hardy who is in a similar situation that Edwards was in in Minnesota? smh Its not hard to look good with other great players demanding attention on the line. The trick is knowing whether they are producing because they are the truth or they are a product of his teammates/ system. We were wrong on Edwards and we didn't even give him a huge contract. Doing the same with Hardy when he's gonna ask for a huge amount is asinine

Yes, yes, yes. Cincy already paid Atkins and Dunlap so he'll be a FA and Johnson is a playmaker. Had a bit of a down year this year but had 11.5 sacks last year. Also at 6'7 he can bat down passes at the LOS (9 PD this season) and he's relatively young (only 26). I want him unless we can get someone like Rodger Saffold/Alex Mack in FA and then draft Clowney.

Edited by Duluth Dirty Bird

Two lessons watching the Bungles game:

1. My hope is that we learn from the Abraham debacle and keep our best relatively cheap pass rusher: Osi. That way if we get Michael Johnson..YAY... If we get MJ and Clowney Double Yay!...but the single pass rush threat is easily thwarted. We can't start next year with a single pass rusher!

2. Dunlap and Johnson were ineffective without Geno Atkins on the field. I am more adamant than ever that we need a double DT draft (see: Carolina draft). Hageman and McCullers (Early and Mid); McCullers and Justin Ellis (Mid and Late)... take your pick, but inside rush is the key to a great pass rush!

Somethi

If he comes cheap based on his stats, fine since he has had decent years in the past.

People here love him because he is a Georgia boy, nothing else.

Is he really an upgrade over Osi and even Mass or Beirman? Because he could cost twice as much and be a bust.

If you've ever known me on this site you'd know i have no preference toward GA boys. North Carolina now..............

It was just a thought to bounce off the wall.

If you've ever known me on this site you'd know i have no preference toward GA boys. North Carolina now..............

It was just a thought to bounce off the wall.

I didnt direct it at you Ethan.

General comment. This guys name has come up every season since he was at GT, whether it be draft, trade for or sign him.