Auburn Lt Greg Robinson Received First Round Projection

Auburn redshirt sophomore T Greg Robinson told ESPN's Joe Schad he received a first-round projection from the NFL Draft Advisory Board. Robinson "doesn't want to hurt his teammates but said helping Mom is big factor," Schad added. The massive left tackle is a bully in the running game and has the athleticism and punch power to succeed in pass protection. He is a likely top-15 selection.

Edited by Clark Kent™

we could do worse - I just want to see how he does in pass protection drills at combine and get more feedback from the likes of Mayock and others about Greg Robinson in pass protection - if he projects well there - then I am interested in him for Falcons at #6.

I just hope people don't expect him to be good at pass pro next year. They will be disappointed. The kid will need time

If you could start him at RT with a monster RG beside him for his first couple of years he could develop into a fantastic LT.

Unfortunately the Falcons do not have anything close to a decent RG.

we could do worse - I just want to see how he does in pass protection drills at combine and get more feedback from the likes of Mayock and others about Greg Robinson in pass protection - if he projects well there - then I am interested in him for Falcons at #6.

I like him because of that word BULLY you imagine him Richardson and or Jackson with Mack at OC and a decent o-line coach how that transforms our attitude up front no more guys like Hardy talking crap at us I'm counting down the days hopefully to we see that.

Edited by kiwifalcon

I like him because of that word BULLY he you imagine him Richardson and or Jackson with Mack at OC and a decent o-line coach how that transforms our attitude up front no more guys like Hardy talking crap at us I'm counting down the days hopefully to we see that.

can you imagine if the right side of our line had Alex Mack©, Cyril Richardson(RG) and Greg Robinson(RT)? You think we could run behind those behemoths with Mack doing his thing in the middle? :D

I personally don't like him at 6, at the 6 spot I want immediate results, if he is available with our second then I'd trust our office/coaching staff if they decided to take him.

But a lot will change between now and even combine time. It'll be an exciting/important off-season for this organization.

Would be happy with Robinson at #6. From what I've seen, I think I actually like him better than Matthews long term. Matthews may be better day 1, but I think Robinson will be better year 2 on. Plug him at RT day 1 and you already have a better running game. And he can't be worse than Trueblood at protection.

I like this guy, but TD only seems to like drafting players with experience, in particular seniors. Has he taken any underclassmen with a first round pick?

Not sure TD would take a shot on a sophmore.

Facts: 1) TD love seniors & captains 2) TD sucks at drafting linemen

I recommend he follow his same "process" for the lines... cross every one he likes off the board... then draft from the remaining pool.

I like this guy, but TD only seems to like drafting players with experience, in particular seniors. Has he taken any underclassmen with a first round pick?

Not sure TD would take a shot on a sophmore.

agreed. I don't think Robinson is a Dimitroff kind of pick - given their penchant for selecting seniors - with a few exceptions - i really don't see Dimitroff taking a redshirt Sophmore - especially at the offensive line.