Can I Ask Why Everyone Wants Mack So Bad?

oztin

The only concern I have about him is level of competition . He made his living against teams like Kent State and Stony Brook.

So he was the big fish in a little pond type deal? Is he elite because of his skill or because of the talent around him made him look better?

Cause he had 10 sacks. Does he even fit our scheme. Why is no one discussing Trent Murphy.

I think Mack fits as a 4-3 OLB better than Barr would, and we do need LBs. Plus, the OLB's are better prospects at this point than any of the other DE's and more worthy of consideration at 6 (obviously besides Clowney who should be gone by 6)

As for Murphy, I'm a HUGE fan. Would love to see us draft him, but I don't think we're in a position to get him. He's projected late 1st right now, but I expect him to move up to the low 20's. Not quite good enough to grab at 6, but too good to be there with our 2nd round pick. That's why I think most are not talking about him, he's probably not going to fall into our draft zone.

The small school thing is bogus. Plenty of guys from small schools are greats pros(Cruz,Garçon,Ware,Romo,Flacco,Morris,Alford just to name a few) I met him when he came to Boise a couple of weeks ago. Only reason why he didn't get a big school offer was because he quit playing football in high school to play basketball. Decided to play again his Senior year because he wanted to play with his best friend one last time.

Just watch the Trent Murphy highlights and all I can say is wow. It would be a defencive coor. dream if he could draft both Clowney or Hageman and Murphy or Mack

Our GM has proven he won't take the BPA available in the draft. It makes too much sense to do so. He would rather out think himself

I think Mack fits as a 4-3 OLB better than Barr would, and we do need LBs. Plus, the OLB's are better prospects at this point than any of the other DE's and more worthy of consideration at 6 (obviously besides Clowney who should be gone by 6)

As for Murphy, I'm a HUGE fan. Would love to see us draft him, but I don't think we're in a position to get him. He's projected late 1st right now, but I expect him to move up to the low 20's. Not quite good enough to grab at 6, but too good to be there with our 2nd round pick. That's why I think most are not talking about him, he's probably not going to fall into our draft zone.

i just don't see Mack as a 4-3 olb in the nfl that can actually help us unless he's the hybrid guy