Peope Saying We Need Sammy Watkins Are Retarded..

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see both sides. Criticizing others for their opinion just because it is different is a bit bigoted.

I know we need specific positions, but having tunnel vision in the draft leads you to skip over dynamic players and forces you to be one dimensional draft wise.

Seamy watkins would make us better. Do we need other players? Yes. But if they're all gone, I'd rather take sammy than reach on the 4th best lineman at number 6.

Were building for the future as a whole. Not just a quick turn around.

I see both sides. Criticizing others for their opinion just because it is different is a bit bigoted.

I know we need specific positions, but having tunnel vision in the draft leads you to skip over dynamic players and forces you to be one dimensional draft wise.

Seamy watkins would make us better. Do we need other players? Yes. But if they're all gone, I'd rather take sammy than reach on the 4th best lineman at number 6.

Were building for the future as a whole. Not just a quick turn around.

There is no reason whatsoever to draft Watkins, at all

Yes there is. He is a dynamic play maker. Have you ever watched him?

Did I say we need to take him? No. I said there is a reason to take him. How do you think teams feel about passing on wawatt because they didn't need a dlineman?

I never said take him. But getting tunnel vision in the draft, especially with a talent evevaluator as ****** as TD is only going to lead to bad things.

Don't say there is no reason to take watkins. That's just foolish. Is it a good reason that would warrant action? No. But there is always a reason

O line can be fixed via free agency..rookies are not the only option..I'd rather have an experienced line protecting my 100 + dollar QB then a rookie....ijs..

Exactly. I laugh at people that think a rookie lineman will fix our issues. Ha.

Did I say we need to take him? No. I said there is a reason to take him. How do you think teams feel about passing on wawatt because they didn't need a dlineman?

I never said take him. But getting tunnel vision in the draft, especially with a talent evevaluator as ****** as TD is only going to lead to bad things.

Don't say there is no reason to take watkins. That's just foolish. Is it a good reason that would warrant action? No. But there is always a reason

There's no reason to take him whatsoever

The pick has to be on the line. We've had skill position tunnelvision long enough, it's time to spend on the lines

yeah I mean its not like one of our big time wrs who although turned it up at the end of the year is 32 and is in the last year of his contract or our other big time wr is coming off of a major foot injury and also is in the last year of his contract.... or we have inconsistant 3rd wrs that either faulter in big moments or its not like our GOAT TE who was the guy who worked the middle of the field for us is retiring or anything.....yeah none of those things have or are happening.........

Oh Wait they are.

There are several reasons why drafting him makes sense....... its not to say I totally agree with them. I do not think we need to go skill position that early but if we have a good FA period and we shore up most of the major issues we have and who we are tageting are not there and we can not find a good enough value worth of a trade partner..... I would not disagree so much with getting a guy like Watkins or Evens

Getting tunnel vision is what leads to guys like Jamaal Anderson being picked

not gonna lie, with enough protection, Julio and Sammy alone would be deadly. He would also step right in when roddy is gone. Not saying draft him but some good things would come out of it no matter how much the idea is disliked

no doubt........ IF we went the wr route I would rather see us get a guy like Mike Evans................ and you imagine him and julio on the outside??? good lord that would be a handful for defenses.

Watkins and julio would be something special aswell.

If we pick Watson at #6, that is almost as bad as when the Dolphins reached to pick Ginn at #9 a few years ago. As many holes as we have, you pick BPA at O-line or anywhere on defense. That is going to make more of an impact for this team than adding the top WR in the draft. We have too many holes to add another WR when we have two top tier! one mid tier, and 3 serviceable WRs already on the roster.

If Ryan only has 1.7 seconds to throw the ball again next season, it doesn't matter if you line up 5, Top tier WRs. Plays aren't going to have enough time to develop for those top WRs to do their thing.

If we adress the OL and get a pass rusher in FA. Clowney/Mack are gone(I doubt) I wouldnt be mad with Sammy. I'd rather him here to soften the blow of TG retiring and helps the ST in a big way. Dont want him in TB shredding us for years either lol.

Edited by lju713