Saints @ Eagles Wildcard Playoff Game Thread

Kevo

Saints.

Other than Denver I think the Saints are the best team Philly has faced all year by a good margin... it'll definitely be the best HC/QB combo they've seen this year. People wanna talk about the Saints road woes, but what about Philly not being a very good home team?

I don't like the Saints, but I think they're gonna prove some people wrong in this one.

Edited by Ginn & Juice

WFW says the saints could win possibly...only a swamper would take a fools bet. Besides what does 0 for never have to do making a fools bet?...WFWIJS'Jrolleyes.gif

Ok, for argument sake let's say the Saints win this game, you should then be able to make a bet next week that the Saints definately won't beat the Seahawks, right?

I won't lie and say this game doesn't make me nervous. The Saints playoff record has zero bearing on the game. The vast majority of the current roster wasn't around for those issues, in-fact very few were there for the SB44 victory. The weather doesn't bother me either, both teams field humans who feel the same thing. Mental toughness neutralizes this element.

What makes the game interesting is the Saints defense, while ranked 4th overall, isn't as dominant in road games. And the weakness of the D is the run, which Philly does very well. So unless we get a handle on those 2 issues, the game could be lost. Holding Philly to under 135 yards rushing could be the key.

The Saints O will play well enough. They to haven't been as dominant on the road, but the Philly D can be had. The Saints played well enough at Carolina in Week 16 to win the game, and Carolina is a better team than the Eagles.

If we play within our capability, I see the Saints winning this game.