Could The N F C S Possibly Field 3 Top 5 Defensive Units In 2014?

Kevo

I know that the 2014 season is a long way off,but,in another thread Cheffie got me thinking about how scary good the NFCS defenses could be next year.

Here are my thoughts :

Carolina is currently 2nd:

With Kuechly,Thomas Davis and their dline...I don't see them regressing next year.

Saints are currently 4th:

Our dline,Lofton,Vaccaro,Lewis and Victor Butler coming back...I could see us improving on what we've established this year.

Tampa Bay is currently 17th:

With the talent that they have across the board,and with Lovie Smith and Leslie Frazier coming in,should dramatically improve their defense...they could be scary defensively next year.

Atlanta is currently 27th:

Their rookie corners from last year will be really good next season. But,unless they draft,or sign in free agency,a ton of defensive talent...they will continue to wallow in the NFCS defensive basement.

It's not impossible for the Falcons to make a drastic improvement on defense,but they do have their work cutout for them.

I think Rob Ryan will get a player or two that fits into his system next season and our D will be that much better. Along with Harper and possibly Jenkins being let go (addition by subtraction). Carolina already has a top D and the Bucs have the players to be a top D, maybe Frazier will inspire them to play better. ATL. Unless they draft some more players, they will again suck.

3 things needed on D to compete with the rest of the South on D, DE, DT, FS. Khalil mack takes care of 2 of those spots if we draft him plus we'll see what Nolan had planned for Beirmann. He was really excited about him before he went down.

Not too worried about the D as long as Decouldn't is gone.

3 things needed on D to compete with the rest of the South on D, DE, DT, FS. Khalil mack takes care of 2 of those spots if we draft him plus we'll see what Nolan had planned for Beirmann. He was really excited about him before he went down.

Falcons really should look top improve in their UDFA scouting to get better at those positions.

Warrilow was a really good find as an UDFA...they need to continue on that path to get better depth.

How does mack take care of 2?

He's an OLB and if moved to DE, he may struggle with bigger stronger OT.

He's a talented looking 43 OLB but at DE, that's questionable.

Now what other position does he help?