Hou & Stl Looking To Trade

cdboard47

I have the ESPN Scorecenter app and I got an update not long ago saying that HOU Owner Bob McNair is willing to trade 1st overall pick because he feels he can get a QB and defensive player later.

We all know about STL looking to trade.

Curious to see if any of you think someone is willing to trade for #1? Might shake up some mocks

there is no reason for Hou/StL to say otherwise - you want to see if someone will just give you a stupid ransom to move up. even if some team or teams wants to do it, they won't make a move until April or first of May after having had the offseason to evaluate all these players.

Heck, we won't even know for another week or so who is in and who is out of the draft from underclassmen.

I have the ESPN Scorecenter app and I got an update not long ago saying that HOU Owner Bob McNair is willing to trade 1st overall pick because he feels he can get a QB and defensive player later.

We all know about STL looking to trade.

Curious to see if any of you think someone is willing to trade for #1? Might shake up some mocks

Bridgewater is a bit small for a QB, at least in terms of weight. He's generally considered to be in the 190s despite being listed at 205. His selling point is his offensive coordinator type of intellect, accuracy, and work ethic. I like those traits but I doubt anyone will pay the price of the #1 overall pick to move up to draft him. The same is true of Clowney, whose question marks are significant. And since people agree that the Jake Long #1 overall pick was a mistake, I doubt anybody does the same for Matthews.

As I mentioned on the main board earlier, the #1 overall pick is worth so much more than the rest of the top 5 (50% more than #2 and the cost gets more dramatic from there), I doubt this happens. Houston is a well run organization so I completely understand why they would say that. The team picking first overall has done this pretty much every year in the 2000s except for Indy with Luck.

There is a reason why nothing gets done as a rule. Atlanta is still the only team to trade up to #1 overall in the 2000s although an argument could be made that the Giants effectively did with Eli. The cost is prohibitive.