Br - Offseason, Pretty Good!

VaderMan

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate the hard work he put into this but I don't like the draft much after Clowney, I especially do not want to draft a DT who has already had 2 ACL tears. We will not see Jimmy Graham in red and black any time soon. The Graham FA dollars need to be invested in the front 7 and Oline IMO. Love the Linval signing.

Jimmy G.... i wish. the Saints would cut everybody to keep that guy,,, you think they would let this guy test the water especially when their rival falcons are sitting on 30+ million in cap space

I agree with you but bigger names than him have walked away from a team as FA. I do agree they do what they have to keep him though. It looks good on paper!

I appreciate the hard work he put into this but I don't like the draft much after Clowney, I especially do not want to draft a DT who has already had 2 ACL tears. We will not see Jimmy Graham in red and black any time soon. The Graham FA dollars need to be invested in the front 7 and Oline IMO. Love the Linval signing.

i cant argue there, I just thought it was a good read. And I agree...I respect the work put into it. The only thing that I see on there that probably has no shot is gettin JG. I would like to see that big FA signing be Michael Johnson, and then try to draft Clowney.

Jimmy G.... i wish. the Saints would cut everybody to keep that guy,,, you think they would let this guy test the water especially when their rival falcons are sitting on 30+ million in cap space

Man, I live in NOLA and if that happens there will be riots in the streets. laugh.png

Though it would be real nice to see Graham in red and black. Make it happen TD!

i cant argue there, I just thought it was a good read. And I agree...I respect the work put into it. The only thing that I see on there that probably has no shot is gettin JG. I would like to see that big FA signing be Michael Johnson, and then try to draft Clowney.

That would be a lot more realistic probably than Graham and would make our pass rush sick. Tweak the draft a little I could roll with it. I think he did very good work on this article other than the pipe dream of Graham.

That would be a lot more realistic probably than Graham and would make our pass rush sick. Tweak the draft a little I could roll with it. I think he did very good work on this article other than the pipe dream of Graham.

The only problem is that we more than likely have to trade up for Clowney. I know the teams are QB needed but after Bridge and Johhny M, its a real stretch. I realize teams reach for QBs all the time but I just dont see the Raiders not taking Clowney, that is if he makes it past the Browns. I feel confident that the texans and Jags take QBs. I got ran off the boards with suggesting we trade from 6 to 3 with Jags(our new allies). It would cost a 1st roundr in the range of the 31st pick according to the draft chart. I would do that in a heart beat! We can sign 1 FA OL and draft another...and the same with DL...in fact the Falcons can afford Joseph and Johnson on the DL, if the cap numbers are right in that scenario.

The only problem is that we more than likely have to trade up for Clowney. I know the teams are QB needed but after Bridge and Johhny M, its a real stretch. I realize teams reach for QBs all the time but I just dont see the Raiders not taking Clowney, that is if he makes it past the Browns. I feel confident that the texans and Jags take QBs. I got ran off the boards with suggesting we trade from 6 to 3 with Jags(our new allies). It would cost a 1st roundr in the range of the 31st pick according to the draft chart. I would do that in a heart beat! We can sign 1 FA OL and draft another...and the same with DL...in fact the Falcons can afford Joseph and Johnson on the DL, if the cap numbers are right in that scenario.

I got a feeling either Clowney OR Matthews could be there. If both those guys are gone, I would just as soon try and move down.

The smart money is a trade up with St. Louis they are the least desperate team and have expressed a desire to trade down already. I agree if Clowney is gonna be our man then we'd have to trade up. Also I would go after Johnson as well instead of Graham which is a pipe dream anyway.

Clowney isn't falling to 6, so if we get him, we would need to trade up. Based on what the Rams got from the Skins for the same move two years ago, we would have to pay dearly to do it. Dimitroffed again? Possibly.

No chance the Taints let Graham get away, and throwing away that much money on a TE is not something I would be happy with considering the three ring circuses that our lines were this season. Hawley is not anything more than an average center on his best days and we need to at least try to find an upgrade there. Mack isn't happening, but we could possibly get de la Puente. Collins I would be OK with in FA. I don't understand these mocks that want us to take an OT in the 1st or 2nd round and try to turn him into a guard though. If you want a guard, draft a guard. At least draft a guy who has played guard.