Can Someone Explain Why We Paid 20 Mil Per Yr For Mr?

red2play

I don't get why we paid him so much money. Was the normal market where you would pay 25-30 mil for a marquee Qb talent? I'm not even talking about this year and how bad it went but even if he were to take us to the superbowl, are there Qb's that make 30 mil a yr?

So let's say he lights it up this past year, would he have really gotten such a lucrative contract anywhere else?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Negatorris

It's 2014. I'm sure nobody thinks a QB of Jay Cutler's caliber deserves $126 million, but that's what the Bears had to pay to keep him. Unless Matt wanted to give us the hometown discount, there was no way we were extending him for cheap. It's the same for any franchise QB. Just wait until Newton, Luck and Wilson get paid.

Trust me, some other team would have gladly given Ryan a big contract if we decided not to. You have to pay for a franchise QB.

I don't get why we paid him so much money. Was the normal market where you would pay 25-30 mil for a marquee Qb talent? I'm not even talking about this year and how bad it went but even if he were to take us to the superbowl, are there Qb's that make 30 mil a yr?

So let's say he lights it up this past year, would he have really gotten such a lucrative contract anywhere else?

If we hadn't signed him, you would have been one of the first to complain that we didn't do what was needed and we let our Franchise QB walk away!!! All you trolls are the same.

Move Along...Nothing to see here!

This might be the dumbest post I've seen on TATF ever, and I've seen some of my own posts. dry.pngdry.pngdry.png

Cutler just got 126 million spread over 7 years, with 54 million guaranteed.

Does his play warrant that contract? No. But that's what the market value for a franchise QB nowadays is. That's why we paid Ryan close to 18.95 million per year (not quite 20)

I know a certain Canadian that didnt want to believe all QBs will start making epic contracts.

Just wait and see what Cam, Luck, and Wilson get.

It's 2014. I'm sure nobody thinks a QB of Jay Cutler's caliber deserves $126 million, but that's what the Bears had to pay to keep him. Unless Matt wanted to give us the hometown discount, there was no way we were extending him for cheap. It's the same for any franchise QB. Just wait until Newton, Luck and Wilson get paid.

Trust me, some other team would have gladly given Ryan a big contract if we decided not to. You have to pay for a franchise QB.

Thank you! That is why all this overpaid talk is crap. I am so tired of the talks about Ryan's contract. This is what the market has become. No way jay deserves that much but he got it.

Thank you! That is why all this overpaid talk is crap. I am so tired of the talks about Ryan's contract. This is what the market has become. No way jay deserves that much but he got it.

And Cutler just came off an injury where his backup outplayed him. And he'll be 31 by the draft.

Ryan doesn't deserve 100 million but there aren't many players in the NFL that do . If I know Jim Harbaugh and the smart organization that the 49ers are they are planning there exit strategy away from Collin . Jim and his system will draft a QB within next two seasons then look to trade Collin and implement a new QB that he can use so he doesn't have to pay Collin . SF will stay contenders by having a complete team around QB and not over pay QB

The Falcons have poor draft evaluations and a overpaid QB who can't carry Falcons by himself as evident with a 4-12 season so yes the questions rises if Ryan can't carry the team and gets paid this much money how are the Falcons going to be future contenders with Ryan

that's the question

I don't know. I goggled it, and it says that he's worth it. That would be a pretty good reason. For all of the stupidity that I hear from Ryan Haters, it makes me wonder. What if we had let Ryan walk after this season, and not pay him? This guy has done what he has been asked to do, and more. All this talk about Super Bowl. We have not won a Super Bowl, at least not to my knowledge. There are no QBs that have won a SB alone. All of the big number that Drew Brees puts up. It took a defense that had been terrible to step up against the Colts.

Bottom line. Pay the man, or look for the Kyle Orton's of the NFL to lead your team, You would see a difference.

I don't know. I goggled it, and it says that he's worth it. That would be a pretty good reason. For all of the stupidity that I hear from Ryan Haters, it makes me wonder. What if we had let Ryan walk after this season, and not pay him?

holy **** you're right. If we let Ryan walk we might end up something like 4-12 drafting 6th! Thank god we have him.