Question: Has A Qb Ever Had A Winning Record With A Bottom 5 Run Game And Defense?

I have been debating with some friends whether or not Matt Ryan is a, "game manager." They believe that if he was more than a game manager, that we would have had a winning season this year. I cannot recall a QB who has led his team to a winning season with a bottom scraping run game, and a bottom scraping defense. Can anyone provide any examples?

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a better question. What QB has thrived while facing all of the adversities listed below at the same time....

What QB thrives with the 32nd ranked rushing offense?

What QB thrives with the 21st ranked pass defense?

What QB thrives with the 31st ranked run defense?

What QB thrives behind one of the worst pass blocking/run blocking offensive lines in football?

What QB thrives with a defense that gives up 379.4 yards and 27.7 points a game?

What QB thrives with a mediocre at best special teams?

What QB thrives when game winning drives are halted by dropped catchable balls?

What QB thrives with an injury plagued season?

What QB thrives with a conservative defensive minded coach who sits on a 4 point lead?

What QB thrives with a conservative defensive minded coach who waits until the 4th quarter and down two scores to open up the playbook?

What QB thrives with a coach incapable of making halftime adjustments?

Edited by Falcons_Frenzy

I have been debating with some friends whether or not Matt Ryan is a, "game manager." They believe that if he was more than a game manager, that we would have had a winning season this year. I cannot recall a QB who has led his team to a winning season with a bottom scraping run game, and a bottom scraping defense. Can anyone provide any examples?

Eli Manning won a Super Bowl in 2011 with 32nd ranked rushing offense and 27th ranked def

Green Bay was 20th in rushing, and 22nd in YPC last year. Their defense was 11th in both yards allowed and points allowed. Not even close. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Going back to 2011, when the Packers were 8-7-1, the defense was last in yards per game, but they were 19th in points allowed. Their run game was 26th in yards, and 27th in yards per carry.

Eli Manning won a Super Bowl in 2011 with 32nd ranked rushing offense and 27th ranked def

Did Eli Manning have all of these conditions?

What QB thrives with the 32nd ranked rushing offense?

What QB thrives with the 21st ranked pass defense?

What QB thrives with the 31st ranked run defense?

What QB thrives behind one of the worst pass blocking/run blocking offensive lines in football?

What QB thrives with a defense that gives up 379.4 yards and 27.7 points a game?

What QB thrives with a mediocre at best special teams?

What QB thrives when game winning drives are halted by dropped catchable balls?

What QB thrives with an injury plagued season?

What QB thrives with a conservative defensive minded coach who sits on a 4 point lead?

What QB thrives with a conservative defensive minded coach who waits until the 4th quarter and down two scores to open up the playbook?

What QB thrives with a coach incapable of making halftime adjustments?

Even mentioning Eli Manning is laughable. How good has he been this year?

Our ypc was not bottom 5.

No, it was not. Even so, Miami's run game was respectable that year, even if they didn't run very often. Our run game was pathetic this year. I hate cherry picking stuff, but if not for Smith's handful of carries (5 for 145 yards), we would have been bottom five. Why in the world Smith didn't get more opportunities, I have no clue.

No, it was not. Even so, Miami's run game was respectable that year, even if they didn't run very often. Our run game was pathetic this year. I hate cherry picking stuff, but if not for Smith's handful of carries (5 for 145 yards), we would have been bottom five. Why in the world Smith didn't get more opportunities, I have no clue.

Smith did deserve more of chance. Snelling looked good Sunday. When you lose 12 games, there are not many rushing opportunities.