Jay Cutler.....wow

SuperAINTSfan

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've no problem with Cam making a ton of money.......... He was the first qb selected under the new rules. he didn't get a huge contract like those before him.... Bradford, Ryan, Stafford.

Ryan for example.... with his extension......... Ryan would've gotten close to $100M guaranteed, when you include his rookie deal + the extension.

Guest fibonacci

I showed a long time ago how much percentage Joe Montana and guys like that got. And it went over a lot of peoples heads, and it sill does.

This signing is a little higher then the usual percentage.

I've no problem with Cam making a ton of money.......... He was the first qb selected under the new rules. he didn't get a huge contract like those before him.... Bradford, Ryan, Stafford.

Ryan for example.... with his extension......... Ryan would've gotten close to $100M guaranteed, when you include his rookie deal + the extension.

diffrence is ryans worth it

Not really fishing when I bluntly imply...............

Ryan isn't worthy of his contract. He was paid so much because his GM was stupid enough to believe that wins were a qb stat..

If he is getting paid because he "WINS".. then, a 4 win season , after he gets paid, is a little BS.

Ryan isn't worthy of his contract. He was paid so much because his GM was stupid enough to believe that wins were a qb stat..

If he is getting paid because he "WINS".. then, a 4 win season , after he gets paid, is a little BS.

sorry it's hard to tell when you are trolling or being serious.

here's the thing. contracts are not for past performances. contracts are for what you think players will do in the future. the falcons evaluated ryan and decided that he was their franchise qb going forward, so they paid him what the fair market price is for a franchise qb. it has nothing to do with his record, his passing stats, or anything else that happened. it has everything to do with how they evaluated him as a qb. whether or not you want to admit it, and it's ok, we all know what the truth is regardless what you say, ryan is a franchise qb and got a fair contract according to the market for franchise qbs. as did jay cutler. as will cam if the panthers decide he is a franchise qb.

Ryan got that money because that's what the market demanded. QB contracts were already getting ridiculous before Ryan got his pay-day. I'm not saying Ryan deserves a fifth of the cap space all to himself (nor does any other QB in the league for that matter), but his play merits the absurd contracts just as much as any other QB now in days. (Ok, Super Bowl winners deserve more but Flacco's contract for instance is still outrageous)

Ryan got that money because that's what the market demanded. QB contracts were already getting ridiculous before Ryan got his pay-day. I'm not saying Ryan deserves a fifth of the cap space all to himself (nor does any other QB in the league for that matter), but his play merits the absurd contracts just as much as any other QB now in days. (Ok, Super Bowl winners deserve more but Flacco's contract for instance is still outrageous)

i wouldn't pay a contract just b/c a guy won a superbowl. kurt warner won a superbowl that doesn't mean the jags are about to bring him out of retirement with a 100 million dollar contract.

i wouldn't pay a contract just b/c a guy won a superbowl. kurt warner won a superbowl that doesn't mean the jags are about to bring him out of retirement with a 100 million dollar contract.

No, but if the market for QB's was the same then as it is now when he won it, he would have gotten it and deserved it.