Offseason Moves I'd Be Happy With ...

dcfalcons

Now although I'd love to draft Clowney, I don't think we'll have a shot at him or Matthews at 6 even with the QBs that will be taken early. To address some of our needs, I'd be happy with the following signings:

Brian De La Puente - C: Some will say NO won't let him go, but they're gonna be dealing with some big cap trouble and I see this as a win-win where we get a solid C who will help stabilize the OL and hurt our biggest rival. And they also have Jimmy Graham as a FA - good luck with that NO.

Anthony Collins - OT: He's been backing up Whitworth (LT) and Smith (RT) for Cincy and has played extremely well. We'd be able to secure our RT and not have to pay too much. He's starting for them right now, due to injury, but again, playing very well.

RG position: This is where we use our 2nd round pick and snag the best OG available. It's difficult to know who will be available, but one position that usually slides is OG (i.e. Larry Warford from last year). So it's possible that Cyril Richardson or Gabe Jackson.

Michael Bennett - DE: I don't see SEA resigning him with who they already have. He had another good season, but not great. He took a chance signing the 1 year deal and think he expected he'd hit double digit sack totals. With (potenitally) Jared Allen, Michael Johnson and Greg Hardy all UFA's, I don't see him asking for that type of money. I may be wrong, but if we have to throw money at one position, I think it has to be DE, you can't avoid that unless we can snag Clowney.

With that said for DE, I would draft at #6 overall, Khalil Mack. We need a playmaker at that position and he does that and more ... plays the run, can cover and blitz.

DT: I would then use our 3rd pick and snag a DT. I don't know that he'd be available there, but I'd look at a guy like Daniel McCullers. We'd have to resign Babineaux and see about where Peters is at (i.e. injury and contract demands).

A tad long, I know ... thoughts?

PS And in my dream world, we'd have enough money to sign Jairus Byrd :)

Im not all that sold on micheal bennett but his numbers do look nice. But honestly I think we'd be better server signing orakpo or Johnson from a talent standpoint.

Also I dont think it is set in stone that the browns resign mack. He's a proven guy that they could have signed at anytime. If he hits free agency they won't match the offer imo

Im not all that sold on micheal bennett but his numbers do look nice. But honestly I think we'd be better server signing orakpo or Johnson from a talent standpoint.

Also I dont think it is set in stone that the browns resign mack. He's a proven guy that they could have signed at anytime. If he hits free agency they won't match the offer imo

I like Mack as well, but I honestly think the Browns resign him so he can help protect their soon to be new 'franchise' QB.

It will definitely be interesting as to what these guys will be looking for money wise. I think Michael Johnson will be asking for a lot after having been franchised by Ciny already, although his sack numbers are way down from last year. Who knows, maybe that drives down the price. I like Orakpo as well - nice call.