One Lousy Play Away From #2

Sandy5prings

That Kirk Cousins failed 2pt pass to Pierre Garcon is all that separated us from a #2 pick. Think about it. No one would have felt much worse about our season had we lost to the Redskins on a gutsy play call from Shanahan.

Time will tell what we do with our #6 pick, but I'd bet a lot that a #2 pick could have given us a much bigger value either in terms of drafting a guy like Clowney or potentially trading down and getting an extra pick or two to bolster our depth.

Trufant made the game sealing play I think too. The way our guys played hard those last few games are probably the reason Mike is still coaching with us. We didn't tank and the players played hard to close the season.

Yep it was Trufant who tipped the ball away. Still glad he did it too. You play the game to win. Winning is the whole object of sports. We pick where we pick...I wish these tanker clowns would get over it.

tank tank tank... Ugh.

I like the fact that we wont let some desperate HC come in and pizz all over us, trying to win the game like that.. I'd be livid if we had lost the game like that.

We can never be sure of a top 5 pick, by just losing another game, unless we lose them all.. I sure as **** don't want our team doing that! Screw the tankers!

You just keep quoting a coach that went 54-74 in his career

I wasn't intending to quote anyone. Just voicing my feelings. As I've said many many times, I want my team to win every time they take the field. It's the way I felt when I played sports and its the way I feel as a fan. I don't know any other way to be a fan and it's incomprehensible to me that any other fan would feel differently. I could care less what the draft ramifications are.

I wasn't intending to quote anyone. Just voicing my feelings. As I've said many many times, I want my team to win every time they take the field. It's the way I felt when I played sports and its the way I feel as a fan. I don't know any other way to be a fan and it's incomprehensible to me that any other fan would feel differently. I could care less what the draft ramifications are.

You want to win, but don't care about draft ramifications...I just can't comprehend that. It gives you a better chance to win when it matters

You want to win, but don't care about draft ramifications...I just can't comprehend that. It gives you a better chance to win when it matters

Winning ALWAYS matters.... I can't fathom the concept of a "meaningless win". Besides, you can't with any certainty say that picking second gives you any better chance of winning than picking sixth does. The draft is a crap shoot....the pick might turn out to be a huge bust.... Can you say Ryan Leaf?? Edited by Falc_Fan_Since_Six

Winning ALWAYS matters.... I can't fathom the concept of a "meaningless win". Besides, you can't with any certainty say that picking second gives you any better chance of winning than picking sixth does. The draft is a crap shoot....the pick might turn out to be a huge bust.... Can you say Ryan Leaf??

Yeah imagine the past 15 years of the Colts and Chargers if San Diego hadn't won a meaningless game and got the #1 overall instead of watching Peyton go to Indy and having to settle for Leaf.

Winning ALWAYS matters.... I can't fathom the concept of a "meaningless win". Besides, you can't with any certainty say that picking second gives you any better chance of winning than picking sixth does. The draft is a crap shoot....the pick might turn out to be a huge bust.... Can you say Ryan Leaf??

You pick higher in every round

Would you rather take more losses this year or next? Because it contributes largely to how that will play out

Would you rather take more losses this year or next? Because it contributes largely to how that will play out

Again...there's no way you can make a statement like that with any certainty. That's just your opinion and unless you have a crystal ball you don't know whether draft picks and where they are in the order mean anything to the win loss record. I'd rather win and take my chances with the draft. Picking low in the first round didn't hurt the Falcons the five seasons before this one. You have to ask yourself whether you would have liked high draft picks every year the past five years or if you would have liked winning records. I'll take the winning records anytime. I swear it's as if you follow me around to argue with me. You will never change my attitude about wanting to win every game no matter what and I'm sure I will never change your attitude either so let's just agree to disagree. Edited by Falc_Fan_Since_Six

10 yards away from the Superbowl and 1 play away from Clowney. The life of a falcons fan.

LOL, very true. Georgia is the king of the "almost" of sports...

• 2012/13 - Falcons 10yd from SuperBowl
  • 2012/13 - Georgia 5yds from National Champ. Game and almost certain BCS National Championship
  • 2008/09 - Georgia has most talented team but chokes at Florida and screwed by BCS
  • 2003/04 - Georgia Tech(Chris Bosh/Jarrett Jack) get to Nat'l Championship game then get blown out.
  • 1998/99 - Falcons get to SuperBowl but Eugene Robinson has to "get some" the night before.
  • 1990's - Braves just cannot close the deal (with one exception)
  • 1990 - Georgia Tech (Kenny Anderson/Dennis Scott/Brian Oliver) get to Final 4 and lose
  • 1985 - Georgia Tech (Mark Price/Yvonne Joseph/John Salley) bow out at the Final 8 of March Madness
  • 1983 - Georgia loses Dominque Wilkins from previous year but gets all the way to Final 4 before losing to NC State
  • 1981-1984 - Dooley refuses to build a complete team around Herschel and runs him into the ground.
  • 1980/81 - Falcons have #1 seed in playoffs and choke in 2nd half against the dreaded Cowboys.

From 1980-2013(33 years) the State has had 3 breakthroughs and none in 17 years! (no I don't count Georgia Southern),

• 1996 - Braves World Series Champs
  • 1991 - Georgia Tech shares National Championship
  • 1980 - Georgia wins National Championship

Never never never give up. We'll get there. Lets think positive about this draft. Lord knows it's 7 rounds and more than just one pick near the top.Anything can happen on draft day. There are 26 teams selecting after us so lets enjoy the fact that we are picking early for a change and make the most of it.

I dunno: it's all like hindsight is 20/20 etc etc without a crystal ball. Sure the #2 is more valuable, but it is what it is at this point.

It's like my son got his back injured pretty badly on a jump. I am all upset about him being hurt. But then he misses a deployment because of that injury, and guys in his squad get really hurt in an IED explosion. So some things are just related to fate.

Edited by FalconFanForLife