Bears Resign Jay Cutler. Good News For Us

I don't really see any takers on Cutler to begin with. With the emergence of Russell and Kaep, I am seeing big takers for QBs in the first few picks. The Raiders are interested in a QB in their own back yard. Brett Hundley name is being thrown around. The guy was in beast mode against VT. The QB race is going to get reshuffled and then shuffled again.

Yup, solid news for us. Now I want Hundley to declare as well and teams get into the usual QB frenzy and pump him up.

agreed. Cutler re-signing with Bears was good news for Falcons. We need Manziel, Bortles and Hundley to all three declare as we want Browns/Raiders to have multiple QBs to fall in love with and we want Rams to be forced to sit at #2 and draft - hopefully - Jake Matthews. This is really the only path I see for Clowney to fall all the way to #6.

If Clowney gets by the #3 spot, then trading up to get Clowney might only cost the Falcons a 3rd round pick - at that point - the juice is worth the squeeze and Dimitroff should squeeze the trigger on that one.

when do they have to declare ?

I think its always around January 15th - somewhere in there.

I don't really see any takers on Cutler to begin with. With the emergence of Russell and Kaep, I am seeing big takers for QBs in the first few picks. The Raiders are interested in a QB in their own back yard. Brett Hundley name is being thrown around. The guy was in beast mode against VT. The QB race is going to get reshuffled and then shuffled again.

The reason Russell & Kaep intrigue teams is because they come cheaper around draft time. There is a much higher risk taking a QB like that because of multiple factors (i.e. injury, not transitioning well to the pro game, etc). Just because Russell & Kaep transitioned well doesn't mean that there is less risk with Manziel, Bortles, etc. therefore I don't see them jumping up the draft boards that far above where their actual talent dictates they should be drafted. Teams in recent years have been burnt by desperation (Tannehill, Weeden, Ponder, Locker, Gabbert, Tebow, & Freeman) and that's going to also help keep their movement up the boards under control. There are maybe 2 QBs worth drafting in the 1st round this year & of those really only 1 in the top 15, but someone will reach. I don't expect to see 2 or 3 QB's go in the top 5 though. The value on QBs is much, much higher at the top of round 2 this year.

agreed. Cutler re-signing with Bears was good news for Falcons. We need Manziel, Bortles and Hundley to all three declare as we want Browns/Raiders to have multiple QBs to fall in love with and we want Rams to be forced to sit at #2 and draft - hopefully - Jake Matthews. This is really the only path I see for Clowney to fall all the way to #6.

If Clowney gets by the #3 spot, then trading up to get Clowney might only cost the Falcons a 3rd round pick - at that point - the juice is worth the squeeze and Dimitroff should squeeze the trigger on that one.

I agree 100%

I 100% Agree, JINX!

Edited by LTMcAuliffe