Position Of Need No One Talks About

egoprime II

And that position is cornerback. Specifically our third corner. Everyone assumes we are set there. Not so.

McClain hardly set the world on fire this season. And that was as our third and fourth CB. Now, with Samuel probably being gone, McClain is slated to be our 3rd CB? I don't see it.

With all our other needs, including DT, O line, and TE, we could definitely add CB to that list. Anyone got any ideas or prospects we might look at?

McClain should be back and he's fine as our 3rd CB. I don't see investing significant money or picks to improve you're #3 CB when you need to bring in a #1 OG, OT, DT, DE etc. Add in that our two starters there are young and locked up, it just doesn't make sense. Of course we need 4 or 5 CBs on the roster, they just won't be high picks or big $ signings.

McClain was the highest graded nickelback in 2012. He suffered from our **** pass rush this year too. He'll be back and should rebound if Young Thomas properly addresses the front 7.

our pass rush was crap in 2012 too. same in 2011, 2010, 2009 and so on. That's no excuse. There's a common denominator with our defense and that's no pass rush. If u could produce without it one year then it shouldn't be a viable excuse when u don't the next year. The reason McClain probably struggled this year is Trufant is miles better then Robinson, and QBs had to throw at somebody. I'm not down on McClain but I never thought he was going to be a long term solution after being cut twice previously. I really like him as a punt returner for right now until we upgrade though.

McClain got cut multiple times for a reason.

We have to upgrade nearly every position on the team. We really don't have much front line talent, and even less depth, as this season illustrated. It's a 2 year fix, and that's only if Dimitroff gets just about everything right in this offseason and the next.

Guest King Jigsaw

I would sign talib aquib to a reasonable 2 yr deal. He is one of the best I've seen the whole season I know he is no choirboy like we like but the man is a beast at his position ask Julio

His name in Aquib Talib, not the other way around. There's no such thing as a reasonable 2 year deal with him coming off a great year in which case he'll likely be resigned by the Patriots. We'll have to find our answer elsewhere.

I agree it is a need, in that all positions are need. You could make an argument that RB is a greater need, but that doesn't mean we can address it this particular off season.

Lines come first. Then allot anything left over to S, RB, and CB in that order. If nothing is left for those positions, fine. We can live with what we have.

Also, don't fall over shocked if Samuel agrees to rework his deal for an short extension (same for Roddy).

Two starting quality DT's can make a world of difference and should be our number 1 priority going into the off season.

Seriously. This thread and ones like it come off as people thinking the symptoms are the disease. The problem is the D-line being completely ineffective and that, in turn, made the secondary's job vastly more difficult.