Rod Marinelli....

Rave

He's still under contract with the Cowboys! Unless Jones lets him out of it he's stuck in Dallas, plus I hear there's talk of letting Monty go and promoting Marinelli to D.C.

I'm pretty sure that if he's offered a promotion somewhere else his contract is not binding. The contract should only be binding if Marinelli was offered a job equivalent to the one that he already has. Since he's only a dline coach in Dallas and Tampa is offering him the DC job...the contract in Dallas should not be binding.

I'm pretty sure that if he's offered a promotion somewhere else his contract is not binding. The contract should only be binding if Marinelli was offered a job equivalent to the one that he already has. Since he's only a dline coach in Dallas and Tampa is offering him the DC job...the contract in Dallas should not be binding.

I stand corrected.

According to this article in the Dallas News :

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20140101-report-dallas-cowboys-lose-key-defensive-coach-rod-marinelli-to-tampa-bay.ece

NFL teams are only required to allow assistant coaches to interview for head coaching positions.

The good news, under Lovie the buccies will have a shtty offense...WFWIJS'Jcool.png

You can only hope! You know damned well this was an excellent move on the BUCS part, you're just to big of a homer to admit it! You know, you're scared shitless that Lovie's gonna bring back that defensive dominance that use to destroy the Falcons every season. Not to mention, he already has plenty of key pieces in place, just like Dungy did when he took over in '96!

You can only hope! You know damned well this was an excellent move on the BUCS part, you're just to big of a homer to admit it! You know, you're scared shitless that Lovie's gonna bring back that defensive dominance that use to destroy the Falcons every season. Not to mention, he already has plenty key pieces in place, just like Dungy did when he took over in '96!

If he adapts to the defensive players like he has at his other stops, the defense will be solid to very good.

Just look at his track reocrd.

First season as DC in St. Louis, they went from (29.4 ppg) to (17.7 ppg)

He brought in players he coached and new to help install his defense.

Then again in 2004 in Chicago he took the 23rd ranked defense to 13th in his first year.

In 2005, they were #1 in PPG allowed.

In his first draft with Chicago, he drafted 6 defensive players out of 8 picks.

It shows that he knows exactly what he wants and goes out and gets it. We all know he has a ton of talent in TB on the defensive side. Hes taking over the 21st ranked D (24.3 ppg).

I bet next season he has a top 10 unit.

The tampa 2......

The scheme is known for its simple format, speed, and the aggressive mentality of its players. Tampa 2 teams are known as gang tacklers with tremendous team speed, and practice to always run to the ball. It also requires a hard hitting secondary to cause turnovers.

That fits what TB has right now. 1 or 2 pieces and Smith will have his defense.

If he adapts to the defensive players like he has at his other stops, the defense will be solid to very good.

Just look at his track reocrd.

First season as DC in St. Louis, they went from (29.4 ppg) to (17.7 ppg)

He brought in players he coached and new to help install his defense.

Then again in 2004 in Chicago he took the 23rd ranked defense to 13th in his first year.

In 2005, they were #1 in PPG allowed.

In his first draft with Chicago, he drafted 6 defensive players out of 8 picks.

It shows that he knows exactly what he wants and goes out and gets it. We all know he has a ton of talent in TB on the defensive side. Hes taking over the 21st ranked D (24.3 ppg).

I bet next season he has a top 10 unit.

The tampa 2......

The scheme is known for its simple format, speed, and the aggressive mentality of its players. Tampa 2 teams are known as gang tacklers with tremendous team speed, and practice to always run to the ball. It also requires a hard hitting secondary to cause turnovers.

That fits what TB has right now. 1 or 2 pieces and Smith will have his defense.

Everyone down here is now worried about our offense! Granted, it may take awhile to put it all together with our QB situation, but as you say, the defense should be top 10 immediately. I just want to see us get back to great defense and a head coach that knows what the **** he's doing on game day! We haven't had that since Gruden left.

Everyone down here is now worried about our offense! Granted, it may take awhile to put it all together with our QB situation, but as you say, the defense should be top 10 immediately. I just want to see us get back to great defense and a head coach that knows what the **** he's doing on game day! We haven't had that since Gruden left.

D@mn I didn't want Lovie in the NFCS! With that out of the way I will say this was an excellent hire by the Bucs.

The offense will be fine as long as Doug Martin is healthy, with a solid running game I think a strong defense can mask any deficiencies the offense may have. Lovie provides great stability and accountability without being a prick while doing it. Again great hire Bucs!

Edited by meezy0236

D@mn I didn't want Lovie in the NFCS! With that out of the way I will say this was an excellent hire by the Bucs.

The offense will be fine as long as Doug Martin is healthy, with a solid running game I think a string defense can mask any deficiencies the offense may have. Lovie provides great stability and accountability without being a prick while doing it. Again great hire Bucs!

Yep, he'll try ot win with his defense. Remember in Chicago he had Grossman and a rookie Kyle Orton when they went to the SB. Between Martin and Glennon, he can make it work.

Yep, he'll try ot win with his defense. Remember in Chicago he had Grossman and a rookie Kyle Orton when they went to the SB. Between Martin and Glennon, he can make it work.

Didn't they beat Arizona that year without an offensive TD and had to comeback?