Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JulioisCoolio

Bucs Hire Lovie Smith

111 posts in this topic

The Bears were 81-63 under Lovie. I'd say that's pretty threatening.

I remember a Bears fan telling me that Lovie Smith was the **** tease of coaches: He'd assemble a great team, they'd sometimes do well, you'd begin feeling like this was the year, but then they'd consistently make horrible decisions even a toddler would not make in key games and ruin everything and this would happen on an annual basis. He was/is overly loyal to "his guys," even when they are clearly failures.

So essentially imagine our team in Tampa.

their D scares the dog crap out of me now...factor in a very likely clowney move and we could be in for some serious battles. Bucs have already already been competitive against us since 09 and they've had absolute GARBAGE coaches.

fashiontopia likes this

No, now he has Mccoy, David and Revis.

But lets keep underestimating the Bucs, especially their defense.

Lovie Smith will install a Tampa-2 4-3. Revis does not fit that defense by any stretch since his bread and butter is press man.

Sidecar Falcon likes this

I remember a Bears fan telling me that Lovie Smith was the **** tease of coaches: He'd assemble a great team, they'd sometimes do well, you'd begin feeling like this was the year, but then they'd consistently make horrible decisions even a toddler would not make in key games and ruin everything and this would happen on an annual basis. He was/is overly loyal to "his guys," even when they are clearly failures.

So essentially imagine our team in Tampa.

There is a degree of truth to this, but their O line was always their downfall just like us. The Bears fans hated everything about their O, but the D carried the team.

Once again great wisdom from the Coolio. Don't get how these boyz think we are sooo much better than them right now.

I don't necessarily think we are "so much better than" Tampa right now. But I do think that his personnel on D in Chicago were a lot better than he has now.

There is a degree of truth to this, but their O line was always their downfall just like us. The Bears fans hated everything about their O, but the D carried the team.

He inherited a pretty good OL in Tampa so he doesn't even have to worry about that. Keep building the defense and just pound the rock with Martin.

fashiontopia likes this

Meh. The Bears consistently had good to great defenses with Smith but they rarely amounted to much anyway. I don't see that changing in Tampa.

because their QBs ranged from Orton, Rex "f*ck it I'm going deep" Grossman, Cutler with Devin Hester starting at WR, then Cutler with Brandon Marshall and Devin Hester starting at WR

their running back who's name is really escaping me right now is far from a workhorse and would get injured whenever Lovie tried to ride him...there's only been one defense in the modern NFL that didn't need an offense.

freebird310 likes this

I don't necessarily think we are "so much better than" Tampa right now. But I do think that his personnel on D in Chicago were a lot better than he has now.

True, but if they snag Clowney man just fk that , Lovie will have this a top 5 D bank it . I was hoping they would hire another college turd like Schiano.

because their QBs ranged from Orton, Rex "f*ck it I'm going deep" Grossman, Cutler with Devin Hester starting at WR, then Cutler with Brandon Marshall and Devin Hester starting at WR

their running back who's name is really escaping me right now is far from a workhorse and would get injured whenever Lovie tried to ride him...there's only been one defense in the modern NFL that didn't need an offense.

Forte

And that was his general failing. He's so focused on defense that the offense tends to be garbage every year. Going full blown defense was alright in the years when the NFC, by and large, was close to total garbage but that isn't the case now. His defensive tunnel vision will, as it did when he was in Chicago more often than not, bite him in the ***.

Lovie Smith will install a Tampa-2 4-3. Revis does not fit that defense by any stretch since his bread and butter is press man.

they don't run a soft zone cover 2...Tillman basically played "Revis island" in his flat zone

MattRyansToe likes this

True, but if they snag Clowney man just fk that , Lovie will have this a top 5 D bank it . I was hoping they would hire another college turd like Schiano.

I'm afraid this might happen and I've actually seen it mocked in a few places. If they do trade up for Clowney though, that should allow Matthews to fall to us.

And that was his general failing. He's so focused on defense that the offense tends to be garbage every year. Going full blown defense was alright in the years when the NFC, by and large, was close to total garbage but that isn't the case now. His defensive tunnel vision will, as it did when he was in Chicago more often than not, bite him in the ***.

he was learning his lesson in Chicago, they just got tired of his sh*t...I'm sure they miss his Cover 3 base after that GB debacle

This is what Lovies defense did his last year in Chi-town.........The Bears ranked fifth in total yards allowed last season and eighth against both the run and pass. They also led the NFL with 44 takeaways (24 interceptions, 20 fumble recoveries) and scored nine touchdowns, one shy of the all-time record for a defense

MattRyansToe likes this

I'm afraid this might happen and I've actually seen it mocked in a few places. If they do trade up for Clowney though, that should allow Matthews to fall to us.

Truly I'd be thrilled with either one, win-win, if both those guys are gone I hope we move down.

This is what Lovies defense did his last year in Chi-town.........The Bears ranked fifth in total yards allowed last season and eighth against both the run and pass. They also led the NFL with 44 takeaways (24 interceptions, 20 fumble recoveries) and scored nine touchdowns, one shy of the all-time record for a defense

started the year 7-1 and played to 10-6 with a carousel at QB

Well the Tampa 2 and Revis don't mix one bit.

Peanut Tillman was allowed to shadow receivers some games(the 2 Lions games in 12 I believe) and was allowed to play his flat zone aggressive as Revis played his man coverage...Lovie doesn't play soft with his corners unless they go cover 3. he also employs plenty of Cover 1s

freebird310 and MattRyansToe like this

It's funny how some posters say this signing doesn't scare them and the BUCS will still suck when your own team went 4-12 and got beat by the bucs..if they get that offense right, they could be in the mix for winning the division next year while we still sitting at the bottom wondering what happened..

freebird310 likes this