I Don't Know Who The Dts Are For Michigan State - But They Dominated Stanford O-Line Today

g-dawg

...and Stanford has a very good offensive line. very impressive performance by the beasts up front for MSU. I need to do some research. Stanford loves to just drive the ball down the throats of opponents and did it often this year - run after run after run.

Stanford could not run the ball against Michigan State Front 7.

That is an impressive defense they got. Sorry I know nothing about their Dts either. I know Dennard is really good along with Bullough who was suspended which makes the performance even more impressive. I like Lewis the safety too, but he looks like a downhill in the box guy but he is good at that.

Hmmm i thought I saw Stanford just bulldozing over MSU on the very first drive of the game. Yankey had me sold on that drive when he pulled around and just leveled a guy straight into the ground. Yankey or Jackson would be a really solid pickup in Round 2 if they are both still around. Jackson just smothered the Rice DLine.

...and Stanford has a very good offensive line. very impressive performance by the beasts up front for MSU. I need to do some research. Stanford loves to just drive the ball down the throats of opponents and did it often this year - run after run after run.

Stanford could not run the ball against Michigan State Front 7.

Slightly off topic but OG G-Dawg Yankey or Jackson I'm taking the latter I watched the first half of both Stanford & Mississippi State bowl games and if your wanting dominant I thought Jackson was exactly that he was a force in every aspect.I know you had him pinned down early in your mocks but has your opinion changed at all???

Even better I see alot of draft sites have a 2-3 grade on Jackson as they only project him as a G at the next level.Yankey is getting more love as he is more versatile and heads up the G rankings.But for me that's all good if we want an anchor inside for the future I love the idea of Gabe Jackson being that guy.

Edited by kiwifalcon

Slightly off topic but OG G-Dawg Yankey or Jackson I'm taking the latter I watched the first half of both Stanford & Mississippi State bowl games and if your wanting dominant I thought Jackson was exactly that he was a force in every aspect.I know you had him pinned down early in your mocks but has your opinion changed at all???

Even better I see alot of draft sites have a 2-3 grade on Jackson as they only project him as a G at the next level.Yankey is getting more love as he is more versatile and heads up the G rankings.But for me that's all good if we want an anchor inside for the future I love the idea of Gabe Jackson being that guy.

1. Gabe Jackson (2nd round)
  2. Cyril Richardson (2nd round)
  3. David Yankey (3rd round)

that is the way I see it right now of the guards that are guards now and will be guards in the NFL. There are probably 3-4 college OTs in this draft that would make really good OGs in NFL but I am not projecting those right now.

I really want Jackson or Richardson (in that order). Both of these guys are physical maulers.

Hmmm i thought I saw Stanford just bulldozing over MSU on the very first drive of the game. Yankey had me sold on that drive when he pulled around and just leveled a guy straight into the ground. Yankey or Jackson would be a really solid pickup in Round 2 if they are both still around. Jackson just smothered the Rice DLine.

you must have turned off the TV after that first drive.

you must have turned off the TV after that first drive.

HAHA well the Dawgs pissed me off so bad I can't say I was paying much attention in that game but I did remember thinking how solid Yankey was..or maybe it was just my first time seeing him and i'm so tired of seeing Jake Matthews get beat all over the field that I was easily impressed. LOL

HAHA well the Dawgs pissed me off so bad I can't say I was paying much attention in that game but I did remember thinking how solid Yankey was..or maybe it was just my first time seeing him and i'm so tired of seeing Jake Matthews get beat all over the field that I was easily impressed. LOL

yeah, I cannot make up my mind on Jake Matthews - everyone keeps telling me in the media how great he is but I have not been impressed when I watch him play or watch the youtube highlights. Obviously that is not a huge sample size.

I just wonder how much is hype because of who his father is. If his name was Jake ("From State Farm biggrin.png)" , how high would he be ranked?

yeah, I cannot make up my mind on Jake Matthews - everyone keeps telling me in the media how great he is but I have not been impressed when I watch him play or watch the youtube highlights. Obviously that is not a huge sample size.

I just wonder how much is hype because of who his father is. If his name was Jake ("From State Farm biggrin.png)" , how high would he be ranked?

I watched the Duke Bowl game and the 1st QTR he was solid but Duke DE's were playing a more of a contain role so they weren't really pinning there ears back.

But a couple of times when they did I thought Matthews had his hands full.

To me he's hard to evaluate his first kick step sets him up in pass pro though he always works off a good base and shows good balance to eat up the initial punch of his opponent.

The Snr Bowl drills will be interesting when he see's better opposition than the guy from Duke.I really want to see how he goes against a really strong bull rusher.I think he'll deal with speed rushers ok because of the above but I want to see how he does against power.

He looks like he has the tools but at this stage I'm not prepared to take him at 6 when this class is pretty deep with OT's.

I watched the Duke Bowl game and the 1st QTR he was solid but Duke DE's were playing a more of a contain role so they weren't really pinning there ears back.

But a couple of times when they did I thought Matthews had his hands full.

To me he's hard to evaluate his first kick step sets him up in pass pro though he always works off a good base and shows good balance to eat up the initial punch of his opponent.

The Snr Bowl drills will be interesting when he see's better opposition than the guy from Duke.I really want to see how he goes against a really strong bull rusher.I think he'll deal with speed rushers ok because of the above but I want to see how he does against power.

He looks like he has the tools but at this stage I'm not prepared to take him at 6 when this class is pretty deep with OT's.

That was pretty much my assessment. He gets the initial block but then for some reason seems to get lazy and the guys end up getting around him. Like he almost can't maintain the block for very long. Which makes me wonder if, like you said, he can handle power. I wish we had seen him play SCAR this year so we could see him at LT against Clowney. I'd like to see him against a big powerful athlete. Kony Ealy just beat him like a rag doll in that Mizzou/A&M game. Even watching the replay I just find myself wondering how the draft guys don't see that? And I have yet to see successful runs behind him. In that Mizzou game they hardly EVER ran to the left and when they did the A&M RB Malena was swallowed up.