If We Go Offense In The 1St We Have To Go Defense In The 2Nd.

arabfalcon

...and vice versa. Correct?

It makes sense because dline and oline are the 2 big issues. Seeing a lot of mock drafts they have us taking Clowney and Richardson in the 1st and 2nd respectively.

So my question is if you take Matthews in the 1st what dline player do you think we can get in the 2nd round.

Im hoping Clowney comes to Atlanta because he is exactly what this team needs. On the oline I think we need a guard more then we need a tackle.

The organization that just robbed the Colts and took Josh Gordon in the supplemental draft? I'd say they've made some pretty good decisions lately.

Brandon Weeden in the first round negates all of that. Granted, Lombardi has taken over and done a nice job since, but still. This is Cleveland we are talking about, they always find a way to f*ck up royally.

I think lets day we sign Mack in FA, then I'm targeting Dend in the 1st with a OG in the 2nd

If we sign say Orakpo, then I'm targeting OT in the first OG in the 2nd, 3rd I'm aiming for a DE and 4th DT so basically yes I can see us double dip on the Oline depending who we sign in FA

We apsolutely have to pickup a FA olineman - ideally a RT. I don't want to go into the draft needing two starting olineman. The right side can't be fielded with two rookies.

Perfect world as I see it;

FA - pickup a quality RT and stout DT. There might be some other mid tier pickups but essentially two quality big signings - one for each side of the line

Draft - 1st a pass rusher/olb like clowney, Barr or Mack. 2nd a mauler OG like Richardson. 3rd-7th BPA (ideally getting a potential starting FS calibre guy).

I think this is achievable - and shouldn't put us in the hot seat excessively. Asante, Nic, gonzo the obvious cuts except if they restructure. Peters and jerry to be resigned (TD's boys)