Reading This Quote Regarding The Trufant Trade Makes Me Think Matthews Is The Target

JulioisCoolio

"It's very important that he has experience in the NFL before he's gotten here," Smith said. "He's been able to live that through his two brothers. They're a very close family. We think he's experienced things that other rookies have not experienced because two older brothers have gone before him in the NFL."

Wouldn't necessarily be upset with this. We have a gaping hole @ RT and pretty much LT too. Defense is strong in free agency right now as well. OL not so much.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I am impartial between picking Clowney, Matthews, Barr, Mack or trading down and getting a guy like Hageman + tons of picks..

Guess that speaks for how many holes the Falcons have, but at the same time the talent level and value of being at the top of the draft order.

Where does this lead you to the conclusion of Matthews? Don't know much about him does he have brothers or family playing in the NFL?

Well, his father is Bruce Matthews for one. Clay is his cousin. His uncle and grandfather also had successful NFL careers.

I am not opposed to Matthews, but if he grades out as the top tackle as expected, I see the Rams picking him at 2. They likely won't go QB, and I don't think they can go Clowney. They got 2 good young LBs. Took a WR last year in the first and have a good young group there. It leaves OL where they could use a RT and J. Long just suffered a major injury.

I am not opposed to Matthews, but if he grades out as the top tackle as expected, I see the Rams picking him at 2. They likely won't go QB, and I don't think they can go Clowney. They got 2 good young LBs. Took a WR last year in the first and have a good young group there. It leaves OL where they could use a RT and J. Long just suffered a major injury.

Possibility that they trade down though. We also clearly aren't afraid of trading up.

Seeing Manziel running for his life (as usual) against a putrid Duke defense in the Peach bowl that was blowing up that vaunted tackle all night tells me all I need to know about Matthews. I don't care if he is the genetic Frankenstein test tube baby of Joe Montana, John Elway, Deion Sanders & Lawrence Taylor.

Seeing Manziel running for his life (as usual) against a putrid Duke defense in the Peach bowl that was blowing up that vaunted tackle all night tells me all I need to know about Matthews. I don't care if he is the genetic Frankenstein test tube baby of Joe Montana, John Elway, Deion Sanders & Lawrence Taylor.

Judging anybody off of one game is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.