Matt Ryan 4Th Best Qb In 2013 According To Football Outsiders

Amen.........I started a thread a couple of days ago (that seemed to attract the Matt Ryan haters) pointing out his production was better than Tom Brady's this year, where Brady lost a couple of weapons and his numbers suffered. Ryan lost ALL his weapons except TG, including both starting WRs, his starting RB, starting FB, and both starting OTs and STILL performed better than Brady.

Now, we add the crushing strength of defensive schedule Ryan faced which was much more difficult than Brady faced and you'll see why he is rated #4 in NFL. I agree with the rating, Ryan was one tough SOB to take all that pounding all year and still produce.

Its good to see even Football Outsiders agrees with me that Ryan played better than Tom Brady, who is receiving huge media kudos for his play and even demands for MVP from his fans, while Ryan is accused of being paid too much and not blocking blitzing defenders better.

That's laughable.

Only a complete fool would think Matt Ryan outplayed Tom Brady this season or any other season.

Edited by David Deas
  • Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If everyone just goes ahead and puts this worthless no-life troll matty melts on their ignore list without telling him you did it, he'll shrivel up and blow away. Stop feeding the psychologically damaged troll. The topic is a wonderful one, and it has been hi-jacked by someone in desperate need of medication.

who had more game winning drives this season?

Who had more yards, more TDs a better completion % against a harder schedule?

Typical swift....inconsistency from day to day, week to week. One day it's TD passes, one day its GWD, one day its wins, then its just playoff wins, then its ignore interceptions then its "why'd he throw so many interceptions" then its something else.

The goal post always shifts...and you still look like Charlie ******* Brown trying to kick the ball and falling on your ***.

the 10s of thousands of fans in the Georgia dome booing when he pulled his predictable cowardly slide short of the TD against our bitter rival.

You mean the play in a meaningless game where 3 defenders were about to converge on him and he had not one chance in He## of actually making it to the end zone? And a smattering of boos is not thousands of fans.

So, you got anybody in the national media calling him a coward? Cause I can find a couple dozen national media members that say Ryan is tough and courageous in less than 5 minutes.

I split my youth between Boston and Atlanta. The pats are my other team.

You can't have two teams, basic tenet of fan law. You're a troll on so many levels. A weak troll, barely worth slapping around, one that stole all his materials from other trolls. Think I'll just ignore you until you get banned. That's starting now, as in I'm never going to respond to you again.

Who had more yards, more TDs a better completion % against a harder schedule?

Typical swift....inconsistency from day to day, week to week. One day it's TD passes, one day its GWD, one day its wins, then its just playoff wins, then its ignore interceptions then its "why'd he throw so many interceptions" then its something else.

The goal post always shifts...and you still look like Charlie ******* Brown trying to kick the ball and falling on your ***.

Ryan had 651 pass attempts

Brady had 628 pass attempts

Ryan had 1 more TD /170 yards with 23 more pass attempts but 6 more ints

Brady had a much better season

If everyone just goes ahead and puts this worthless no-life troll matty melts on their ignore list without telling him you did it, he'll shrivel up and blow away. Stop feeding the psychologically damaged troll. The topic is a wonderful one, and it has been hi-jacked by someone in desperate need of medication.

I agree I blocked him. The flaw is until everyone does his ignorance still appears every time he is quoted even if he is blocked. I'd like to take this time to apologize to the people who have already blocked him and still had to endure his ignorance due to me quoting him. It won't happen again.

I agree I blocked him. The flaw is until everyone does his ignorance still appears every time he is quoted even if he is blocked. I'd like to take this time to apologize to the people who have already blocked him and still had to endure his ignorance due to me quoting him. It won't happen again.

He's very ill person and I do pity him, but he has successfully hijacked such a great topic and original post......the conversation has been polluted with his totally insincere comments designed to get attention form everyone.

I would ask the original poster of this thread to start a brand new one with same title, and "lock" this thread so we can have a real honest conversation about it. In my opinion, this is enormous that Ryan was able to do this while getting fierce pressure and bone crushing hits most every quarter of every game this season.

Brady and Peyton Manning are awful when under intense pressure for a full game.....look at how poorly Peyton Manning played when the Falcons ameba defense flustered him last year in Denver....he was rattled all game and threw 3 interceptions, never getting in a rhythm. Brady looks TERRIBLE when he is under steady pressure for game.....Ryan faced this ALL SEASON and was still #4 per this calculus. Simply amazing.

He's very ill person and I do pity him, but he has successfully hijacked such a great topic and original post......the conversation has been polluted with his totally insincere comments designed to get attention form everyone.

I would ask the original poster of this thread to start a brand new one with same title, and "lock" this thread so we can have a real honest conversation about it. In my opinion, this is enormous that Ryan was able to do this while getting fierce pressure and bone crushing hits most every quarter of every game this season.

Brady and Peyton Manning are awful when under intense pressure for a full game.....look at how poorly Peyton Manning played when the Falcons ameba defense flustered him last year in Denver....he was rattled all game and threw 3 interceptions, never getting in a rhythm. Brady looks TERRIBLE when he is under steady pressure for game.....Ryan faced this ALL SEASON and was still #4 per this calculus. Simply amazing.

I dont need to point out the serious mental shortcomings one must possess to be offended by words on a message board. You've done a splendid job.

Also im mr2 is a top 10 qb., possibly top 5. Its just extremely hard to put up gaudy stats when youre on a terrible team. Anyone who has played knows its an uphill Struggle to be really good when you #1 wr is harry handless, who is terrible at getting separation. Your te is old and slow and can't block, your other wr is having one of his worst seasons (roddy), and the oline can't protect better than some rolling shrubbery. To top it off our run game was a league worst, and our top fa acquired was a monumental overpaid bust (sjax). I did say before we got jackson that we'd be wasting our time with an old rb who would take up cap space. Shoulda got lacy or bell.

Get him an oline, and maybe another good slot wr and he'll be back to what he was doing last year. He still needs to work on his arm strength, and game speed. But he's a good well rounded player, definitely solidified the qb spot.

Edited by osiruz