• FA and Second round
  3. 3. Where do you address D-line at

• first round
    • Second round
    • FA
    • FA and first round
    • FA and second round

Guest fibonacci

I'm just curious on what is more important to y'all! then I like to know where to you address it at; do you go first round in draft, second round, or Free agency?

Who do you grab in FA

who do you gran in first and then in second.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing more important for this team, the way it's been built, than for the offense to dominate games. Without an OL, this team cannot dominate offensively. We've spent almost all of our money & a lot of our picks to create an explosive offense and all of that is wasted if we can't consistently block for more that 2.5 seconds every passing play. We've GOT to fix the OL immediately, the DL, while still important, is secondary to the OL.

Guest fibonacci

would you rather take Matthews or Clowney? which one would mean more to the falcons. (not which one you like more. but which one will help the falcons more)

I presume both Mathews and Clowney will be gone by our pick and it appears best players available at positions of need after those two are mainly defensive positions. So 1st round pick will probably be on the defensive front 7. If another offensive tackle rates highly after combine and bowl games, we should be willing to take a hard look.

would you rather take Matthews or Clowney? which one would mean more to the falcons. (not which one you like more. but which one will help the falcons more)

Clowney. Upgrades at C and RG would help our offense just as much as an upgrade at RT or LT. We would be able to run the ball between the tackles, which opens up play action and takes some pressure off of the OTs.

I presume both Mathews and Clowney will be gone by our pick and it appears best players available at positions of need after those two are mainly defensive positions. So 1st round pick will probably be on the defensive front 7. If another offensive tackle rates highly after combine and bowl games, we should be willing to take a hard look.

I say we just try to trade up get #2 if Rams are actually trying to shop that pick as some say. **** I'd even bite bullet try going for Pick 13 lol that one is more pipe dream, but I was thinking Douglas, #6 and Future 2 would get us picks 2 and 13 this draft(Again pipe dream).

Honestly after watching Matthews in the first half yesterday to me he just looks like a solid prospect at LT at the next level.Sure he kept Manziel clean but he hardly dominated the guy playing opposite and while he does his job well against NFL types he may even become good but for now its Clowney today tomorrow and everyday past Sunday.

Edited by kiwifalcon

If I were TD I would:

1. Make the obvious cuts ASAP. We all know who they are

2. Restructure Roddy and maybe Blalock to free up $2-3M Dimi dollars

3. Re-sign any of our FAs who are worthy and won't break the bank (no SackMakers please)

4. Sign two to four key FAs to fill our major holes on the lines

5. Draft the BPA in every round at any position except maybe QB or WR

6. Sign our draft class

7. Make any late camp cuts necessary to clean out the rest of the trash

8. Add a couple FAs for depth and get down to a 53 man roster

9. Sign our practice squad

10. Save $3-5M in case of injury during the season

11. Put some gel in my hair, fire up a cigar, jump on the Schwinn and go on a 50 mile ride to relax the mind.

If I were TD I would:

1. Make the obvious cuts ASAP. We all know who they are

2. Restructure Roddy and maybe Blalock to free up $2-3M Dimi dollars

3. Re-sign any of our FAs who are worthy and won't break the bank (no SackMakers please)

4. Sign two to four key FAs to fill our major holes on the lines

5. Draft the BPA in every round at any position except maybe QB or WR

6. Sign our draft class

7. Make any late camp cuts necessary to clean out the rest of the trash

8. Add a couple FAs for depth and get down to a 53 man roster

9. Sign our practice squad

10. Save $3-5M in case of injury during the season

11. Put some gel in my hair, fire up a cigar, jump on the Schwinn and go on a 50 mile ride to relax the mind.

Yes, that is typically how an off season goes.

I want to see us give Matt Ryan more time in the pocket and I'd like to see us have the ability to run the ball. To me these two issues are our biggest weakness. Having players like Ryan, White, Jones, and Jackson mean nothing when you have the worst offensive line in football.

I'd like to see us get Michael Bennett, Brian De La Puente, and Eric Winston in Free Agency

Then if we draft Khalil Mack in the first, get Louis Nix in the second, Terrence Brooks in the 3rd.... B..E..A..utiful.

Soooo more people vote that OLine as more important then turn around and vote to fix the Dline first???

I'm not one of those people, but D-line is just an easier fix, so I can understand wanting to address it first. One elite DT can transform a D-line. An All Pro LT and 4 bums is still a terrible O-line though. This draft is pretty deep with quality guards too, so I have no problem with focusing on the D-line in the early rounds and the O-line in the middle rounds.