Which Player Makes The Biggest Impact For Us?

xskyx

I don't know how to do a poll on an ipad.. So..

1) Clowney. Everyone knows who he is. Huge upside, inconsistent motor. You can either have a superstar or a bust here.

2) Matthews. Obviously a huge need after Ryan eating grass 9 times this past game.

3) Mack. Edge rusher with the ability to drop back into coverage when needed.

4) Barr. Another good all around player. Some rank him higher than Mack, and prefer him for coverage skills.

Which do you see us taking and why?

I personally prefer Mack. I think Defense is key for the first pick, and i see him as the safest pick. I think he could be a huge addition to this sloppy defense.

Matthews would be my 1st choice. We've got to improve the entire OL & it starts at LT. Clowney would be 2nd on my board. The thing with both of them is that they are super-hyped players and they both have their weaknesses that could be exposed at the NFL level. While they may be very good players, they may not live up to the hyped expectations & with this fanbase (at least the MB portion), they will be ripped apart. It might be best that we don't get either.

So of the choices, we're looking at Mack or Barr. I'd make my decision there based on our scheme defensively in 2014. If we're going 3-4 I'd take Barr, if we're staying 4-3 I'd take Mack.

Matthews would be my 1st choice. We've got to improve the entire OL & it starts at LT. Clowney would be 2nd on my board. The thing with both of them is that they are super-hyped players and they both have their weaknesses that could be exposed at the NFL level. While they may be very good players, they may not live up to the hyped expectations & with this fanbase (at least the MB portion), they will be ripped apart. It might be best that we don't get either.

So of the choices, we're looking at Mack or Barr. I'd make my decision there based on our scheme defensively in 2014. If we're going 3-4 I'd take Barr, if we're staying 4-3 I'd take Mack.

+ a million my friend. Personally I don't see us switching to the 3-4 we just don't have the personnel and with the O-line in worst shape than the D-line we won't have the resources to bring in the right people.

OUTSIDE LINEBACKERS

SENIORS

1. Anthony Barr, UCLA (6-4, 248, 4.48)

2. Khalil Mack, Buffalo (6-3, 248, 4.64)

3. CJ Mosley, Alabama (6-2, 232, 4.65)

4. Telvin Smith, Florida State (6-2, 218, 4.60)

5. Kyle Van Noy, BYU (6-3, 235, 4.68)

Anthony Barr is fast but I just don't know if he's physical enough for the NFL. Maybe with the good coaching Barr will be a good player.

Clowney - Because of the dominance he could bring to the DE position

Mack - Because if the versatility he would bring to the defense. Him and Biermann could be a strong tandem. They both do the same things and can be kn the field at the same time.

We are in a great position to bring Khalil Mack into the fold.

I thought Van Noy had a terrible bowl game. He was constantly out of position.

OUTSIDE LINEBACKERS

SENIORS

1. Anthony Barr, UCLA (6-4, 248, 4.48)

2. Khalil Mack, Buffalo (6-3, 248, 4.64)

3. CJ Mosley, Alabama (6-2, 232, 4.65)

4. Telvin Smith, Florida State (6-2, 218, 4.60)

5. Kyle Van Noy, BYU (6-3, 235, 4.68)

Anthony Barr is fast but I just don't know if he's physical enough for the NFL. Maybe with the good coaching Barr will be a good player.

they said the same thing about Daryl Washington from the cards when he came out... But look at him now

Clowney. Get a pass rush going and suddenly the rest of the D-line gets better matchups and the secondary won't have to cover for an unreasonable amount of time. I have complete faith in Barr busting, Mack would essentially be a rich man's Biermann, and Matthews' impact would largely depend on a switch to a zone blocking scheme.