Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robb4242

2014 Imd Game

1,284 posts in this topic

This years game has kind of soured on me too, but I don't want to abandon my team mid-way through.

Only real problem is participation, you can knit pick here and there but I think years like this a good. Robb is building something here and we're basically beta testing. Last year it was players getting signed and traded for pennies. We didn't have that this year. Right now we're having FA troubles, we won't have them next year. It's gonna take time to get this game running smoothly, but it's gonna need people to take part in the entire game to make it work.

I think it everything would go better if the game was played on it's own platform

How? We've done that in years past and it made no difference.

How? We've done that in years past and it made no difference.

Problem is it's overseen by 1 man. If this game had it's own platform it'd run a lot smoother because computers don't make human error, or have work, family, personal issues. Wordpress is a free platform you can manipulate anyway you like. I wouldn't be surprised if AFMB was a WP site. It's not hard as ppl think. Pimp can probably explain it better then I can, but it can be done. I don't know Robs plan with the game, but me personally I would be pushing this toward becoming it's own platform. We talking BIG MONEY, if Rob hasn't thought about it in that compacity then here's my bid to join the team. Let's take this thing viral, turn it too a FB game or APP and go sit on a beach and count the money.

Problem is it's overseen by 1 man. If this game had it's own platform it'd run a lot smoother because computers don't make human error, or have work, family, personal issues. Wordpress is a free platform you can manipulate anyway you like. I wouldn't be surprised if AFMB was a WP site. It's not hard as ppl think. Pimp can probably explain it better then I can, but it can be done. I don't know Robs plan with the game, but me personally I would be pushing this toward becoming it's own platform. We talking BIG MONEY, if Rob hasn't thought about it in that compacity then here's my bid to join the team. Let's take this thing viral, turn it too a FB game or APP and go sit on a beach and count the money.

Robb did say he was thinking about this with Padwan I think.

There is actually a company from Ohio that has an app out that's very similar to this. I can't remember the name

Oh ok I misunderstood. That sounds great.

Quick question about ERFA's:

I know that someone said they usually don't even make the list due to an almost automatic re-signing with their original team. How do we account for them in our salary cap figures? I just want to make sure I'm doing it right.

There is actually a company from Ohio that has an app out that's very similar to this. I can't remember the name

I've never heard of it but would be interested in checking it out but yea I've always thought this game should have it's own platform and go viral. Millions of people would play this game, everyone thinks they know how to run a pro team better then the Pros. "Are you smarter then a GM"

We will be looking at taking the game off site next year. At some point, we may ask for feedback and suggestions from previous participants.

Could you get me more info about that app? Even just a name would be helpful.

Anyone want a vet QB better than what's on the Free Agency market? Someone throw me a pick towards the end of the draft (~6th) and Matt Schaub is yours.

I'm always a good trade partner but those QBs don't fit my system this year. IMO y'all should keep both guys. Get Bradford a better Oline a big body WR and ball. Let Keenun start fix the ILB position add speed on both sides.

I'm always a good trade partner but those QBs don't fit my system this year. IMO y'all should keep both guys. Get Bradford a better Oline a big body WR and ball. Let Keenun start fix the ILB position add speed on both sides.

New Head Coach + Number 1 overall pick + Yates and Keenum also on roster = no room or desire for a guy like Matt Schaub. I think he's got something to offer and I think he's probably better than a strong majority of the backups and a few starters as well but he doesn't belong on my roster moving forward.

New Head Coach + Number 1 overall pick + Yates and Keenum also on roster = no room or desire for a guy like Matt Schaub. I think he's got something to offer and I think he's probably better than a strong majority of the backups and a few starters as well but he doesn't belong on my roster moving forward.

I see you over there don't do it, we already got the FA bug.

I see you over there don't do it, we already got the FA bug.

I like being active, that's for sure. I've got a specific vision for this team.

Yea but I think folks gonna complain

About what?

We will be looking at taking the game off site next year. At some point, we may ask for feedback and suggestions from previous participants.

Could you get me more info about that app? Even just a name would be helpful.

This is the one the app I was thinking of. After a second look, this is more of a fantasy league that mixes the keeper league model and the salary cap league model. I still think there are some aspects of it that could work for an IMD-like app

http://www.dynastyowner.com/

Just a reminder folks that Atlanta's #6 overall pick is available

Steven Jackson can be had for a 6th rounder

Just like to remind everyone that Matt Schaub, Derek Newton, and Justin Tuggle can all be had for cheap.