Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robb4242

2014 Imd Game

1,284 posts in this topic

It's 9am in Japan, time for Robb to stop pretending he's doing important stuff, stuffing his face with sushi, and putting food on the tables of all those slanty-eyed whores; we've got a game to play!!

NYgeFBY.gif

It's 9am in Japan, time for Robb to stop pretending he's doing important stuff, stuffing his face with sushi, and putting food on the tables of all those slanty-eyed whores; we've got a game to play!!

Starting the day with happy endings in Japan. Shhhhh F€¥K this game.

When does the IMD Draft start?

I don't think Robb's announced it yet.

Bears checking in. Just here for the draft. No FA moves for me.

Thanks for not really playing... dry.png

Your inactivity in the free agency portion of this game has made things that much more realistic. rolleyes.gif

angry.png

BTW, are we only doing 2 groups of free agents? If so, there are a TON of players that have been left off of the list. The following Denver Broncos players haven't been on either list so far:

Knowshon Moreno, RB, UFA

Trindon Holliday, WR, ERFA

Steve Vallos, C, UFA

Brandon Marshall, LB, RFA

Duke Ihenacho, S, ERFA

Michael Huff, S, UFA

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB, UFA

Chris Harris, CB, RFA

BTW, are we only doing 2 groups of free agents? If so, there are a TON of players that have been left off of the list. The following Denver Broncos players haven't been on either list so far:

Knowshon Moreno, RB, UFA

Trindon Holliday, WR, ERFA

Steve Vallos, C, UFA

Brandon Marshall, LB, RFA

Duke Ihenacho, S, ERFA

Michael Huff, S, UFA

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB, UFA

Chris Harris, CB, RFA

I've added All UFAs and most RFAs to the thread. Once Robb checks in he'll add them to the first post. I didn't add ERFAs because they don't usually hit free agency.

Starting the day with happy endings in Japan. Shhhhh F€¥K this game.

Starting and ending :)

At the Delta lounge now headed home. Beats the lousy internet where I could hardly get online & never stayed on line more than 15 minutes at a time at my hotel (Intercontinental in Yokohama, nice, but Internet sucks).

Since I've been absent, lets extend this week by 24 hours. All bids can happen until Sat. night, bid off will be Sun/Mon and round 3 of FA will kick off on Tuesday. That will give me time to get everything ready for week 3 & time for me to go over the bids much better. I am supposed to land at home about 7:30pm Sat, so that doesn't really give me much time since I will probably crash for the first 12 hours I'm home.

I do apologize for this getting all screwed up with my traveling. When I planned the dates, I didn't have any travel going on. My company loves to pick the worst times for me to go somewhere & I rarely get much lead time.

When does the IMD Draft start?

I always try to start the draft the day AFTER the combine ends. That's still the plan for now.

Would it be possible to push round 3 of Free Agency until after the draft just as a chance to fill holes that you missed out on in the draft?

Would it be possible to push round 3 of Free Agency until after the draft just as a chance to fill holes that you missed out on in the draft?

Honestly, it looks like we're gonna need 4 rounds of FA. There are still enough players out there that haven't even been "on the block" yet. I think we need to do another round of FA next week and push the draft back a week. Then, do a final "mop up round" of FA after the draft...

Just my $.02

Honestly, it looks like we're gonna need 4 rounds of FA. There are still enough players out there that haven't even been "on the block" yet. I think we need to do another round of FA next week and push the draft back a week. Then, do a final "mop up round" of FA after the draft...

Just my $.02

I think we're all ready for the draft to start. Half the people aren't even playing and won't until the draft. Another round of FA for people to not participate in and you just risk losing people due to loss of interest from continued waiting. I'd rather go ahead and move forward with the draft.

jfalconsp likes this

The Baltimore Ravens would also be open to trading down, especially as we're low on picks this draft.

To put this out there since I didn't specifically address it before.....

In trades, you CAN NOT include future picks. That's a rule we've always had. Future picks in a game like this are worth nothing at all, zero points if you want to use the draft pick table as an example. The reason for that is because you are the GM for this year only. If you traded a future pick, the pick will never be used. I can't keep that pick in place for next year's game, so you are giving up a pick that is worthless to you and worthless to the person who is receiving that pick.

I understand that it's fun to talk about and we can pretend that it would really happen, but it opens the door for people to abuse it. What's to prevent someone from trading next year's #1 for a 3rd round pick this year? IRL, a team would jump on it if offered a future 1 for their 3rd, but in this game, it's just giving it away for free because you'll never use that pick. So, just wanted to get that out there because the issue has come up.

Like to give up ownership of the Dolphins. Game has to many holes to be fun

Alright... just so you know, this year has been a little different, rough around the edges, so far thru the FA part, but it's a game based on a very complex reality. the draft part is better for most. Robb has done an amazing job over many years to make this IMD so good.
g6773a likes this