This Country Is Dumb

Google Bot

I was just watching an episode of Criminal Minds and noticed it was rated TV14. I don't know if you've ever seen the show, but there is some brutal **** on it. Mostly murder and bloody ****.

Why is it that nobody bats an eye with shows like Criminal Minds, Law and Order: SVU, and Walking Dead, that depict brutal murder and gore?

But the whole country flips their **** if someone says **** or ****, or Janet Jackson's COVERED nips get exposed on TV. WHY WON'T YOU THINK OF THE CHILDREN?! "Now, go back and watch Rick blow that zombies head off and then emote like a ******, little Johnny."

Again, this country is dumb.

I don't have a problem with violence on TV. I just think it's stupid that violence is perfectly acceptable yet bad words aren't.

This we can agree on 100%. I honestly do not fully understand why some words are considered profane or offensive by society while other words meaning the exact same thing are considered acceptable. They are all just words that exist in the English language.

Sh** is synonomous with a variety of words depending on context, such as poop, darn, best, a crazy thing

fu** = sex, darn, ouch, trouble, etc...

Even if used in the same context, it's the phrase that is offensive, not the word. Go have sex with your mother! Go fu** your mother! OR... You are the best! You are the sh**! Is there really a difference, other than the way society feels about the word in each phrase?

Heisenberg Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:12 PM

I've come to realize that all that bullsh*t they feed you in school about how people sailed to this country and founded this country to practice religious "freedom" was, well, bullsh*t.

When they teach you this stuff in school they do so in a manner that makes you think these dudes were being persecuted and they were escaping some kind of tyrannical rule that wouldn't let them practice their beliefs.

Then, the older you get and the more you start to realize how truly weird people here react to nudity and sex, the more you realize that these people were coming here because everybody else realized how ******** and prudish and bizarrely sheltered they were. This country was founded on the beliefs of Victorian prudishness and that's the reason why the US went to red alert nuclear meltdown mode when Janet flopped her tit out on TV. Like there are probably people who had family meetings about that ****, and I'm willing to bet my lottery winnings on the fact that people put their kids in therapy over a black boob.

****, it doesn't even have to be nudity that causes everyone to flip upside down on the top of their skulls, all someone has to do in this country is put their middle finger up that is synonymous with a sexual act and people will rip their hair out.

It's just...gross and weird that people act like this here. I honestly have no explanation for it. It's 2012 and boobs are ******* awesome, get a hold of yourselves.

AuquYdy.png

Situations like the Timberlake/Janet thing are full of fake outrage but to play devils advocate I guess one could say that shows like The Walking Dead & Criminal Minds give some kind of warning so parents jumping on a soapbox can't claim to be surprised by the violence like they could claim to be surprised by 1/2 a second of nudity that you probably had to go to the internet to truly see during a halftime show.

Tell a kid titays are bad and it makes 'em wanna play with them even more. The allure of the 'forbidden' lol

That's one of the things I do respect about the Europeans, that they don't try to make the human body 'shameful' and I agree with Bot, that comes from our Nation's Christian roots.

Edited by Truthhurts

Tell a kid titays are bad and it makes 'em wanna play with them even more. The allure of the 'forbidden' lol

That's one of the things I do respect about the Europeans, that they don't try to make the human body 'shameful' and I agree with Bot, that comes from our Nation's Christian roots.

This I cannot agree with. I don't think it's because of Christian roots. Italy shows titays on regular TV and they have deeper Christian roots than us. Italy is home to one of the most conservative Christian denominations. Many countries in Europe have very strong Christian roots, so I don't see how that can be viewed as the cause of our backwards broadcasting rules.

This I cannot agree with. I don't think it's because of Christian roots. Italy shows titays on regular TV and they have deeper Christian roots than us. Italy is home to one of the most conservative Christian denominations. Many countries in Europe have very strong Christian roots, so I don't see how that can be viewed as the cause of our backwards broadcasting rules.

It's been a long time since the Church was influential in European poetics, whereas it's alive and well in America.