Roddy White Talks Extension

BrandonDell_

Vaughn mcclure sat down with roddy white and spoke with him about his plans going forward here is what was said.

"I hope it gets done,"White said. "If it doesn't, I have one more year left on my contract. I'll play it out and go from there. But I want to be here no doubt about it. I've spent my whole career here. I love the organization. I love everyone in it. So that will be the next step. But I do know this is a buisness. Things happen."

When asked how long he wants the extension

"How many more years? I think three or four," he said. "I don't want to be a ironman like Tony[Gonzalez]. He was blessed to go through his stint because 17 seasons is a long time to play football, man. I'm thinking if I could just get 10, I'll be alright."

Via twitter

"@AJCFalcons : #Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff said the team is looking forward to signing Roddy White to a contract extension"

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully it will be a cap friendly deal. He proved he is still a top receiver at the end of the season when he was healthy.

Definitely one of the undersold things we learned this season. There was a legitimate chance that Roddy could have been "cooked" coming out of that injury. But once he got healthy, he played pretty well down the stretch. Nice to see that the capacity is still there.

Definitely one of the undersold things we learned this season. There was a legitimate chance that Roddy could have been "cooked" coming out of that injury. But once he got healthy, he played pretty well down the stretch. Nice to see that the capacity is still there.

Roddy was never a speed demon. I don't see him falling off a cliff like that. Roddy is more of a Reggie Wayne type possession receiver.

Roddy was never a speed demon. I don't see him falling off a cliff like that. Roddy is more of a Reggie Wayne type possession receiver.

exactly, Roddy is a way more explosve version of Tony G, which should open up a slot for a guy with speed to compliment Julio and give us some legit burners. I'd rather Ryan lean on Roddy than TG

One thing fans do here is, they fail to see roddy's other qualities. The guy can run and pass block and is a fantastic rout runner. Even if he slows a step, he can do so much more than most wrs. I would keep him because at his worst, he will still be better than HD.

Edited by IronHead34

exactly, Roddy is a way more explosve version of Tony G, which should open up a slot for a guy with speed to compliment Julio and give us some legit burners. I'd rather Ryan lean on Roddy than TG

I sorry of agree. Tony had some of the best hands in the game. Roddy gets a case of the drops every other year or so.

Edited by IronHead34

True, but there will come a point where his physical skills diminish to a point that he can't get open the way he does when healthy. As long as his ankles and knees allow him to sharp cut, he's going to get his.

I am all for resigning Roddy. He is a chain mover, and will be for 2-3 more years. That said, I'd have to talk him into a modest, fair, hometown discount if I were TD. I think Roddy would go for something less than he is making now. I think he knew going into his current contract that it would be his "money" deal.

Roddy brings that veteran presence in the locker room this team needs, plus he one quality this team is sadly lacking - durability. He is also a very good blocker as stated previously. Given his connections to the team, and his desire to stay here, I am sure he will work with the team to keep the money reasonable. On a team often described here as "soft," Roddy stands out as one tough guy.

He is a keeper.

Guest BankerTurd™

Vaughn mcclure sat down with roddy white and spoke with him about his plans going forward here is what was said.

"I hope it gets done,"White said. "If it doesn't, I have one more year left on my contract. I'll play it out and go from there. But I want to be here no doubt about it. I've spent my whole career here. I love the organization. I love everyone in it. So that will be the next step. But I do know this is a buisness. Things happen."

When asked how long he wants the extension

"How many more years? I think three or four," he said. "I don't want to be a ironman like Tony[Gonzalez]. He was blessed to go through his stint because 17 seasons is a long time to play football, man. I'm thinking if I could just get 10, I'll be alright."

Via twitter

"@AJCFalcons : #Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff said the team is looking forward to signing Roddy White to a contract extension"

Smart move TD

1. Roddy will open the pockets to bringing in a FA more so

2. Roddy has done wonders for Matt Ryan.

now White is amazing. anyone else see what happens when him and Ryan are on the field together?

1. White and Ryan win a lot of games and make them **** of close if we lose

2. how many long balls did you see this year until White returned??? ZERO. how many long balls did you see once Roddy was fully healed? TWO.

White is my number one WR for the falcons.