Which One Of Our Defensive Tackles Should We Resign If Any?

I'm sure many of you know Babineaux, Peters and Jelly are all free agents. So the only DTs under contract are Travian and Replogle. We normally carry four DTs on the active roster. Should we resign any of our free agent DTs? If so, which one(s)? Things to consider are production, health, age, cost and ability to play 4-3 DT and/or 3-4 DE. Vance Walker got Dimitroffed, but guess what? He is a free agent and played well in Nolan's system. So let's include him in the discussion. Here are some 2013 stats to ponder:

Babineaux - 6'2", 300 lbs, 32 years old, 42 tackles, 7 TFLs, +7.3 PFF run rating, 1.0 sack, 5 hits, 28 hurries, 34 total pressures, 1 FF, 2 FRs

Peters - 6'3", 305 lbs, 25 years old, 46 tackles, 1 TFL, +7.8 PFF run rating, 5.0 sacks, 2 hits, 8 hurries, 15 total pressures, 0 FFs, 0 FRs

Jelly - 6'2", 295 lbs, 29 years old, 33 tackles, 3 TFLs, -12.6 PFF run rating, 3.5 sacks, 2 hits, 12 hurries, 18 total pressures, 0 FFs, 1 FR

Vance - 6'2", 305 lbs, 26 years old, 40 tackles, 5 TFLs, +0.4 PFF run rating, 3.0 sacks, 7 hits, 31 hurries, 41 total pressures, 0 FFs, 0 FRs

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BankerTurd™

Bab is showing greatness under Nolan. I say let the vet keep on, and let him teach the youth.

Peters I say can stay. he just got a little injured. keep

Jerry is a good player but injuries got him a lot. but people need to stop looking at where he got drafted. People should be looking at what he does. keep

Vance should come back. he learned experience else where. which is good to learn a few tricks. keep

Robertson is depth and learning. keep

replogle, well this is the one I let walk

Bab is showing greatness under Nolan. I say let the vet keep on, and let him teach the youth.

Jerry is a good player but injuries got him a lot. but people need to stop looking at where he got drafted. People should be looking at what he does. keep

Vance should come back. he learned experience else where. which is good to learn a few tricks. keep

So go with basically the same DTs? With all due respect sir, I'll pass.

We only get four choices. I say re-sign Peters and Vance. Let Jelly and Babineaux walk. Send Travian and Replogle back to the practice squad, if eligible, unless one can RTFU in camp. Add a big nasty veteran NT that can tie up blockers and collapse the pocket in either a 4-3 or a 3-4. Draft the best available DT as high as possible in a round that makes sense.

so keep babs and still suck at the dt spot.babs is garbage and faaaaaar from greatness

We only get four choices. I say re-sign Peters and Vance. Let Jelly and Babineaux walk. Send Travian and Replogle back to the practice squad, if eligible, unless one can RTFU in camp. Add a big nasty veteran NT that can tie up blockers and collapse the pocket in either a 4-3 or a 3-4. Draft the best available DT as high as possible in a round that makes sense.

Sounds about right to me im looking at this as our lineup at Dt next year if it was up to me.

Peters / Vance / Raji or Babs / Careathers or Mcculers in the 3rd to 5th round.

Let's hope Babs is willing to take something around a two year, $7 million contract. That'd be the absolute maximum I'd offer him at his age. As for Peters, I'm looking for a similar value that Vance Walker took with Oakland (1 year, $2 million), purely because of his injury. Not fond on giving him a long term contract with him likely starting on PUP next year.

Jerry and Robertson should be gone. Replogle may be worth a roster spot as the backup 3tech, at least as long as Peters is on PUP.

This is strange, I agree with you. But that nasty vet needs to set the tone and should add 2 not one vet player. Our new d-line coach will and should have input., along with Nolan. Build the line inside out.

Break down the pocket and make them double team inside.

The same goes for our O-line. add a vet nasty center and guard. Build this line inside out. We have a pocket passer for our QB and that ant changing anytime soon. Give him some where to step up without getting killed. We have and can develop our OT over time. they just need to push them deep and protect inside moves.

For **** sakes people, can we just let Babs walk please? How long do we need to keep paying this guy? Let someone else have him. Maybe if Babs leaves, we can get guys who can actually hold the point and maybe even make a tackle in the backfield.

We've all been complaining about our DT's for years, but when their contracts are up, suddenly everybody wants to resign both of the starters......let them all walk depending on peters injury.